“Alright but overpriced internet, food, etc.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Madrid Airport

You added Hilton Madrid Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Madrid Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de la Hispanidad 2-4, 28042 Madrid, Spain (Airport / Barajas)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #70 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Los Angeles, California
“Alright but overpriced internet, food, etc.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Although the room is nice, this hotel is isolated... not a big deal if you're here for a night on a stopover except everything is overpriced and there are very options for food.If you have any special diet ie vegetarian don't stay here - the menu is small with few options. For example, the lunch menu was fixed with appetizer, main, desert for 25 euros, 22 euros for internet, 15 euros to watch a movie, 500ml water 4.95 euro, can of coke 330ml 4.95 euro, Hamburger 23 euros... ouch.

All this would be fine if it was the Hilton downtown where you would have a choice but, being an airport hotel (with absolutely nothing nearby) you don't have much of a option. I travel a lot and I know that hotels charge more but, I couldn't help feeling that I was being taken advantage of.

Would I recommend the hotel? I might. At 100 euro a night it's okay... but, come prepared.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Our prices are alienated with the 5 stars hotel market. Nevertheless, I totally agree with your point about the location, furthermore we offer a complementary shuttle service to the city centre. It runs 3 times per day usually in the morning. You can also find the shopping centre Plenilunio 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Livingston, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night at the start of a week-long trip to Madrid and loved it.
As we didn't arrive at the airport until after midnight, the shuttle bus didn't seem to be running and there was no real info about how to call for it. A bit disappointing, but we got a taxi instead and it wasn't far.
The hotel itself is excellent - really modern, large rooms and friendly staff. I'd definitely stay here again.
Just wish we'd had time to use the spa and other gym facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Sorry about the inconvenient caused with Shuttle info. The Shuttle stop is not labelled due to the Airport policies, hotels cannot put it logos on it. The running schedule is from 5:00 am to 1:00 am on a daily basis. I hope in your next stay with us you have time to enjoy our relaxation area. It is a nice place to relax after a long day sightseeing the vibrant city of Madrid.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hilton Madrid Airport.

Manassas, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staying here at Hilton Madrid Airport. An easy ride from the airport on the hotel shuttle that swings by every 20 minutes or so. A shuttle is also offered to downtown Madrid 3x daily.

I'm on the executive floor (403) and the room is just beautiful! Sleek, modern, and sexy with glass enclosure for the bathroom and lovely furnishings. A nice wall of windows that include a door to let fresh air in is also present. The bathroom comes with a standard toilet and a bidet and those are walled off from the rest of the bathroom for maximum privacy. The bathroom also features a tub and separate enclosed shower. So nice.

The front desk staff provided excellent hospitality during check in. Really friendly and welcoming.

I've done a quick walk through of the property, stopping by the fitness center, the lobby area, and the executive lounge. The indoor pool is inviting (I'll be using that tomorrow) and the spa prices for massage are reasonable (may book one of those as well if I can find room in my budget for it). The restaurant dinner menu is appealing (going to try the sea bass) and the executive lounge is clean, well staffed, and offers tasty snacks throughout the day at different times. I'm not much of a drinker so I cannot comment on the wines/beer provided in the lounge but they have coke zero in those adorable curvy iconic glass coke bottles. I've never seen that anywhere else. So cute! I have read reports that the morning breakfast is filling and delicious but will have to wait until the my first morning here tomorrow to validate those claims.

Finally, the hotel is quiet - an important amenity when you need to get work done. When in my room, I haven't heard a peep from outside my room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing this positive review with us.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the rooms, services and facilities. Team members are always working hard to deliver a personal service as we consider this is essential to make our guest live unforgettable experience. Did you taste our delicious Spanish tapas at Ferrum Bar? I suggest you to taste it in your next visit to Madrid.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We caught the free shuttle minibus on arrival at the airport (the stand was a bit awkward to find but we flagged down the passing minibus no problem and the driver was pleasant). Welcomed by Tarek, we checked in to a very nice, modern and clean room in the north tower. The breakfast was plentiful and with much variety. The walk to the metro station (Alameda de Osuna) takes about 10-15mins and the hotel reception provides an A4 sketch map of how to get there. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the centre which we didn't use but you need to ask before breakfast to get on it. All in all a very pleasant stay in Madrid, the highlight of which was the tapas tour run by Adventurous Appetites on the Saturday night, although it did take a day or two to fully recover!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Did you like Madrid? I hope you had enough time to enjoy the city and the hotel. For your next stay with us I suggest you to use the complementary shuttle service to downtown. It runs 3 times per day in the morning usually at 9:50, 11:15, and 12:15. It drops you in the city centre next to Alcala Street. At Ferrum Bar we also offer Spanish Tapas made by the chef Pedro Corredor.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Very tastefully decorated - cool and modern, with lots of chrome and glass. The room was very stylish and comfortable. On the downside, the wi-fi was not free and the connection was not particularly good. The breakfast was expensive (€26) but it was excellent. Free shuttle bus to and from the airport. Staff speak good English.

A taxi to the city centre is about €20, and once you're there you can find countless sights to see and places to eat and drink.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

I hope you had a nice business trip. It is nice that you liked the modern hotel design, the room and the Hilton Breakfast. Internet service in the rooms can not be given free because the price is fixed by Hilton corporate office. However, recently we have included a free service connection in public areas such as the lobby, bar, etc….Did you enjoy the relaxation area? Is the perfect place to relax after a long working day.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this airport hotel for two times. Service is impeccable! Pablo of the frontdesk helped us with everything! Automatically upgraded to a suite which was unbelievably modern, just a little bit dark, but very nice! Breakfast was good as well....pool very small but when you are in Madrid you must enjoy the beautiful city! Hope to see you again Pablo!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you very much for this positive review.

We can see that we have fulfilled your expectations for two times. I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade and the suite. I have personally forwarded your comments to Pablo and the entire team. They feel really proud of it. For your next trip to Madrid do not hesitate to contact us for any special request.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel for new and unforgettable experiences.

South Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We've stayed at this property quite a few times and were very pleased with our most recent one-night (prior to catching an early afternoon flight) stay. I contacted the front-desk the night before and requested early check-in as well as inquired about returning my Sixt rental car. They responded near immediately, confirmed my request for early check-in (which was available!), and informed me that the Sixt on-site office was no longer there. They did, however, provide great instructions as to how to return my rental car at Terminal 1 (about a mile from the hotel) and getting the hotel shuttle to bring me back to the hotel. I received a room upgrade (based on my Hilton Diamond status) and the room was very nice and spacious. The executive lounge was very well attended to and the breakfast was very nice. All of my dealings with the staff were very pleasant which was specially good to see after, what I understand had been a challenging week with a big event (sold out) and a one-day Madrid-wide general strike by public sector employees to include buses, metros, and airport workers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonMadridAirport, Director General at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

How was you flight? I hope everything went well. It is always a pleasure for us to welcome our most appreciated Hilton HHonors Diamond members. The entire team is always at the guest disposal to provide an excellent service. If you are planning to come back please feel free to contact us for any special request.

Looking forward to welcome you soon at Hilton Madrid Airport for new and unforgettable experiences.