“Superb! What a Pleasant Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Madrid Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Madrid Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Madrid Airport
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de la Hispanidad 2-4, 28042 Madrid, Spain (Airport / Barajas)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €100
Ranked #38 of 458 hotels in Madrid
Miami, FL
“Superb! What a Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I just checked in and couldn't wait to write this review. A very modern hotel, very tastefully decorated (modern).

At the airport - you go where the hotel shuttles stop, the van (clearly marked with the Hilton brand logo) will pick you up. I was lucky the van was right there when I arrived at the curb, driver very courteous.

Pablo did the check-in for me. It was like he was reading my mind, maybe he saw I was very tired from traveling the whole day, gave me room 505, certainly a courtesy upgrade to one of the best rooms I have ever stayed. Everything is PERFECT! Lighting, music, TV, bed, phones, shower, bath tub. I can summarize by three letters - WOW!

With the Hilton Honors status I received free Internet and executive Lounge access, also very good.

Every staff member was very courteous, attentive.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this hotel as a 12!

For those traveling, remember there is a continuous shuttle (every 30 minutes) to and from the airport. I think it runs until midnight.

If you are lucky enough that Pablo does the check-in for you, do mention you saw his name in TripAdvisor, he deserves every bit of recognition, what a guy!

Room Tip: Corner room 505, very large, quiet, extremely modern. You will feel like [or better] than at home...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, Director General at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for such a good comment.

It is nice to hear that your enjoyed the upgrade after your long day travelling and you liked the hotel design. I hope you had enough time to rest. I have personally forwarded your good comments to Pablo and the rest of the team members. They feel really proud of it. Make our guests stay pleasant is our responsibility.

Looking forward to welcome you soon to the hotel.

1,304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is a little hard to get to / easy to miss so be on the lookout if you are driving yourself! The front desk staff was very helpful with advice on rental car return, public transport and activities. The hotel in general and our room in particular was spotless. Super quite - I don't think we ever even heard a plane. 10 minute walk to the subway. Like many Hiltons we have come across around the world, the room was a little impractical in design but way cool. The hotel bar was a little disappointing but don't let that stop you from staying at a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012

Nice that you enjoyed the room. Team member always provide an excellent service for which we are renowned all over the world. Did you taste our delicious Spanish tapas at Ferrum? They are specially prepared by our chef Pedro Corredor. We are aware of the location, nevertheless for your next trips to Madrid do not hesitate to contact us for any tips you might need about how to get to the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport.

Chorleywood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for a business meeting on the outskirts and I was very impressed with the shuttle pick up and the hotel itself was very nice and modern (no wifi for free though, which annoyed me!)
The room was very modern and functional and the bathroom was beautiful
The only thing I would say, is that the hotel is extremely difficult to find if you are not in the shuttle - our client offered to drop us off at the hotel to pick up our bags and we got so lost trying to find the off ramp for the hotel that we missed our flight.... Definitely need to invest in some more signage, Hilton!
The gym is tiny as well - only one of each equipment. Very disappointing for a business hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

From Hilton Madrid Airport we truly appreciate your feedback as this helps us to further improve our service levels time after time. I am glad that you found the shuttle convenient and you liked the hotel design. On the other hand, I would like to apologise about the inconvenience caused with the signing. We are aware of the location, nevertheless we are talking with owner and the community to signal the hotel properly. I invite you to contact me directly for more details about your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel shuttle pick up at the airport works beutifully! For those who love minimalistic design the hotel must be a gem.
As a Gold VIP member of HHonors I was (as always) upgraded to an Executive room and our room was spacious and with a beutiful en suite bathroom featuring rainforest shower nishe and bidet. Be careful when you take a shower though. The water temperature is not steady, you may find a nice temperature and then suddenly the water comes out ice cold or scolding hot. A very exiting experience as you don't know what to expect. The clenaliness was OK but I should have hoped the former guest in our room could have brought with him his toe nails he had cut off instead of leaving them on the floor for me...
The room was very varm though, even if we tried to turn the thermostat to the lowest.
We had lunch in the hotel bar/restaurant the first day which unfortunately did not meet our expectations. I ordered Shawarma with beef and chicken, but what showed up was a refrigerated pastrami wrap. My friend's Club Sandwich was very good.
The Executive Lounge is a lovely minimalistic haven. Unfortunately a minimalistic design like this very easily shows up to be messy. The plates and cups from the whole afternoon was still not taken away when we came for evening cocktails. The snack buffet was not set up until 15 to 20 minutes after 6 pm. (this happened both days of our two nights stay). The selection was very poor both for afternoon tea and for the cocktail hours and hardly refilled. Different from most Hilton Hotels I've stayed in; at this hotel the extra cost for Executive floor room is not really worthy.
The restaurant experience we had on our first night was somewhat a disaster. The slow cooked lamb shoulder tasted from wool, probably a very old lamb? The Parilla meats were all overcooked, dried out, and miles away from what can be described as tender. Even the special designed steak knife was not able to cut through the meat. And the dish was served without a trace of sauce. in addition the dish was sprinkled with flaked salt, very decorative, but uneatable. When telling the waiter he tried to tell us that spanish food normally is very salt. I've been to Spain a lot of times over the years but have never experienced the food to be overly salted.
The first wine we ordered was out of stock, the next one showed up to be the last bottle. When the waiter was about to open it the corck broke so she put her finger down into the bottle to "clean it up" a little before she served it. Hello!? We dismissed the bottle and a discussion arose between the waiters whether this was allowed.
After complaining there was no bill though. Proffetional and generous, and still pulling the whole experience down.
The shuttle bus service to the city centre is also a very good one. Unfortuanately the minivan which took us to the city apparently needed service. The rear brake discs were worn out and every time the driver hit the brakes it became quite noisy and for me (who has a heart for cars) the sounds really tore my heart out. Besides I question the safety....?
When all this is said: This is abosolutely not a bad hotel! We liked it and the breakfast was good, the room spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom was lovely and the service quite good for Spain to be. Aboslutely not a hotel to avoid! Just a small warning; the first impression of the hotel is really a wow, but don't expect the rest of the hotel to give the same wow experience.
A tip to future guests though: Take the provided hotel shuttle bus to the city centre for shopping. Don't waste your money on a taxi to get back to the hotel. The hotel is difficult to find, even with a navigator, so it will probably cost you a lot. Instead: Take the metro back to the airport and hop on the provided hotel shuttle bus from the airport. The shuttle bus collects at all the terminals so you can't go wrong. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Go for a standard room. The benefits of the Executive floor are not worth paying for.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your stay with us.

From Hilton Madrid Airport We truly appreciate your feedback as this helps us to further improve our service levels time after time. It always a pleasure for us to welcome Gold HHonors members to the hotel. I am sorry that your stay wasn´t entirely satisfactory. we have failed to provide you with the best service. I have personally forwarded your comments to each of our team members. I invite you to contact me directly for more details.

We will be glad to welcoming you in the near future, and I would like to greet you personally in your next visit to our hotel.

gm.madridairport@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed with my partner late October 2012. It was my second time staying and my partners first. The staff where fantastic as always i really cant praise them highly enough. Special thanks to Natalia for organizing a birthday cake and a bottle of cava on my partners birthday the cake was gorgeous as was the cava. The room was to the standard you would expect from a Hilton and the executive lounge is a great bonus. Being where it is the main sights of Madrid are a fair distance but with the hotel operating a complimentary shuttle into the city three times a day it is made alot easier to get too. There is also a great shopping center minutes away with a fantastic food court on the top floor. All in all i would highly recommend this hotel and will happily stay there again.
Many thanks
D.Moore

Room Tip: make sure you have access to the exectuive lounge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

I really appreciate that you decided to choose Hilton Madrid Airport again. I have personally forwarded your good comments to Natalia she feels really proud of it as the entire team. I hope you have time to taste our delicious Spanish Tapas at Ferrum Bar. The bar becomes one of the hotel’s main attractions when night falls.

I hope to welcome you back again at the hotel.

Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We found the Hilton an ideal location for a 2 night stop over en route to the Canaries with a full day sightseeing in the centre.

The shuttlle pick up from outside T4 arrivals was easy and the stop for hotel buses well marked.

We were upgraded to a relaxation room [501] which was extremely spacious and well equipped. The bathroom with Jacuzzi was state of the art. Room service was prompt and food very tasty.

Got a hotel shuttle in the morning that dropped us off at Plaza de la Independencia.it was free and the hotel provided umbrellas [with 20 euro deposits].Took the Sanderson walking tour which was fun and informative. Prado works of art were magnificent.

There's no return shuttle but making way back to T4 by Metro was easy. from Retiro park we went from Principe de Vergara then changed at Colombia for Aeropuerto. from where we again hopped on the hotel bus.

Executive lounge was comfortable with PCs and print facilities as well as a good range of drinks and selection of hot and cold tapas style snacks. We didn`t breakfast in the lounge but downstairs in the restaurant under the atrium as much more choice.

We never got time to see the gym and pool area.

The balance payable on check out was debited twice to my card but rapidly put right after a quick email. All the staff we met were friendly and keen to ensure stay was good.

You wouldn`t stay here and be looking to go out on foot - there really isn`t anything nearby just network of roads and small business units.

But the hotel suited our needs really well and was great value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing this positive review with us.

I hope you enjoyed the Canaries. I am glad to know that we have fulfilled all your expectations. Team member are constantly working to exceed Hilton Standards of quality. In your next visit to Madrid I hope you have time to enjoy the hydrotherapy pool and the Fitness centre.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Hotel Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our arrival day at the airport and the night prior to our departure. The staff was wonderful during both stays!!! We were upgraded each night due to my Diamond status (even got the Presidential Suite one night…AWESOME!!)…which included access to the Executive Lounge (basic breakfast…but nice snacks and drinks at night) and a SUPER breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant!!

The shuttle to/from the airport was very easy to catch and only takes about 5 minutes. If you’re not a “typical American” and willing to walk about a half mile, you can easily access the Metro station to travel to central Madrid. The front desk staff will provide you a very easy map with directions to the station.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Director General at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing this positive review with us.

It is always a pleasure for me and the entire team to welcome Diamond members to the hotel. Our commitment is to make our guests feel like home even away from home. I hope you had enough time to enjoy the city. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are planning to come back.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport for new and unforgettable experiences.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Hilton Madrid Airport? Share your experiences!