“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #379 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
Mississauga, Canada
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The location was far from the city center but accessible via public transportation, you would walk 5 mins and get on a bus that would take you to the nearest subway station. The Hotel had a print out with directions on how to get to and from downtown. The staff was really friendly and nice.

We did have to take a cab to the airport as there was no airport shuttle service available.

We had requested a non-smoking room but when we got there for check-in they did not have any available.

There wasn't free wi-fi but it was a budget hotel.

We had dinner there one night and enjoyed our meal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear MMari_22,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you found our hotel staff friendly and nice and you had an enjoyable dining experience with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. However, it seems that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the room allocation and lack of complimentary WIFI connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Get real, management. Wi-fi is every bit as important as a tv in the room. The tv's free, why not wi-fi? I was totally flabbergasted when I went to get the code and was told I had to pay for the time I would use it. No way Jose! This discolored my entire experience and I made a vow I will NEVER reserve at any Holiday Inn, express or otherwise. Every other hotel I was in in Spain had free wi-fi. This was a slap in the face to me, spending my last night in Spain before leaving for home.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Kildowgut,

Thank you for your review about your recent experience with us. I am sincerely sorry that the unavailability of complimentary Wifi connection impacted your visit. Your comments are important to us and will enable us to consider for improvements needed in what we can offer.

Again, we appreciate your review and our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent over an hour and a half circling the highways around Barajas trying to find this place. We finally gave up and decided to take a room in place we could locate, when we stumbled upon our destination. The hotel itself is adequate and the staff friendly, but there's no airport shuttle, so unless your coming in a taxi, try somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear VT101,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property.

However, I sincerely apologize that you did not find our location to your liking and deeply regret the incovenience this has caused you.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was clean and simple. Staff was totally incompetent. Only one girl at the front desk. Line out the door.No pillows on beds, took 1 1/2 hours to get them. Very expensive parking. I think you can do better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear flyguy1953,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked the hotel as we had quite good impression with other Holiday Inn hotels elsewhere. Also we did underestimate the distance from hotel to the city's tourist attractions. Hotel isn't too bad and I guess the name 'Airport' is in the hotel for a reason.

Staff were corteous and attended to our needs. Room was basic but good enough for us. We ate outside so cannot comment on food.

Our biggest issue was just that it is quite a distant from city center. There is no nearby subway station so we had to take the bus and improvise our Spanish talking to the driver -- we survived. We had a flight to Barcelona the next day so we made this choice. For those who are spending longer time in Madrid, this isn't the hotel for you, unless you just arrived from a flight and will have another connecting the next day.

Room Tip: Nothing much to see except vacant lots so I don't know if there are rooms that offer better view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear ewc21,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The only benefit to staying here is the distance to the airport.

I should have gone back into the city to my room at the hotel in the city once i learned my flight had been delayed. But it was early and I just wanted a bed as i was tired, and only other reason i stayed here was that i am Holiday Inn Employee - so $29.00 a night, can't go wrong with that!

Took reception a while to open the door gate for me upon arriving. Once they let me in, reception was friendly, even though i had no reservation they were able to accommodate me. They were also professional and kind, in communicating with me and my general manager back in Canada via email in getting me my Employee Rate. Cheers!

I have found that none of the Holiday Inn Express's in Europe have amenities in the bathroom which i thought was strange.

Price of Wifi is a little pricey.

The hotel itself is a little outdated, the Hallways could use a renovation as it felt very tired and dirty walking to my room. (Not saying the hotel is dirty, just the look and feel it presents due to being outdated).

Room Tip: Too Far from city!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear HolidayInnGSA,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have sent you a private message regarding your experience.

Lera P
Liege, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great hotel when one needs to stay close to the airport. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very helpful and eager to please. Breakfast was okay though the no-brand cereals were pretty tasteless. It is located close to a large commercial center that houses many eating places (fast-food as well as others). It is not too far from downtown Madrid (a mere fifteen minutes by car).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport? Share your experiences!