“Excellent Hotel, location, service...” 5 of 5 stars

Catalonia Las Cortes
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle del Prado 6, 28014 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #7 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Excellent Hotel, location, service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here with my wife in July. This is a great hotel, the staff were uniformly friendly (and thankfully spoke good English). The hotel is beautiful; our room was really comfortable and while it wasn't large (although the bed was) it came with a nice balcony area. The shower was also amazingly powerful. The hotel provides free snacks every day - pasta salads, salads, desserts and drinks etc - the alcoholic drinks, like most places in Madrid- were very reasonable. The location is great- an easy 5 min stroll from the Prada museum, the Plaza Mayor and the nearest Metro station. The hotel is surrounded by great places to eat and drink and we really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay here again; great value stay all round.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DireccionLasCortes, Gerente at Catalonia Las Cortes, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback . The whole team is happy to read your review

We hope to welcome you again in the future

Paula Camblor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

A great place to return to each day after some very hot Madrid weather. Great bar with free snacks, iced water, sandwiches. Quiet and very clean yet in the most convenient spot..10 minutes walk to the Palace. Good value.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Olivia

Thank you very much for your pleasant coments, we really apreciate it.
We are happy you liked our Free Snack Buffet
We would like to acomodate you in your next stay

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights from 6/28 to 7/4 in a standard twin room (#312). Upon arrival, thought that it was a little small but there were no larger rooms available for our length of stay. The bathroom was huge though with a separate shower stall along with a tub that had a shower. The room ended up working out fine. It was set up efficiently, had a desk and mini bar as well as ample storage space. Got an extra luggage rack and all worked out. Also had a juliette balcony which was nice for testing out the weather conditions. Beds were very comfortable. I had read some negative comments about the pillows but I found them to be good. Best of all was that it was extremely quiet. No street noise or noise from other rooms.

Service was good as well. All the staff at the desk were friendly and helpful. A welcome drink is included. We ended up having ours on our last night. Nice bartender opened up a fresh bottle of Cava for me. Some issues with the WiFi speed at night. Probably due to the traffic. Turned out that there were upgrades done midway through our stay. And on our final day, the computers in the lobby were removed. This presented a problem for me as I wanted to check in for my flight home the next day. The young woman at the desk let me use one of her computers, helped me with some keyboard issues, and printed my boarding passes for me. Very nice, patient too. I think they are making some changes to the lobby area.

We didn't take the breakfast buffet as I thought 19 euros per person was a bit steep. Found a great place for breakfast or lunch right across the street, Lizarran. Was initially put off by the pictures of the food in the window but on Monday, went in for a light breakfast before taking the bus to Segovia. Nice people, good prices. You can get sandwiches, tapas, or bacon and eggs with a drink (4.50 euro). Great value and great food.

The hotel location was great. I’m glad I chose this hotel as it is conveniently located for walking to the Royal Palace and the Prado Museum. The Plaza Santa Ana is really nice. So lively without begin too crazy, like the Puerta del Sol. So many great restaurants.

Had a great stay at the hotel and in Madrid. Highly recommended. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor in a quiet area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear customers

I am very glad to read your words about your stay in our hotel. It is a pride that leave with such a good impression of our Hotel.
Now , we offer a free snack buffet tou our customers ,and we offer computer reception to .

Looking forward to seeing you again

Best Regads

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a really nice stay at the Catalonia Las Cortes in early July 2014. Staff were really efficient, pleasant and helpful. My room, on the 5th floor was pretty large with a really big, comfy double bed and good size en suite bathroom. My only very minor complaint is that the water pressure in the shower wasn't great but it was good enough.

The location is great - barely 10 minutes walk to the main Museums (Prado, Thysenn, Reine Sofia) and a bit further to the Retiro Park. In the other direction, a similar distance to the Gran Via and shops and sights. Plenty of great places to eat and drink near by and the nearest metro station (Anton Martin) is a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Customer

First of all thank you very much for your reviw. I really apreciate your coments regarding your stay at Catalonia Las Cortes
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. Catalonia Las Cortes is always looking for ways to improve . As a valued customer i look forward to wellcoming you to our Hotel in the future.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

is this little - I might call it boutique - hotel with some antique interiors. It's just a 3 minutes walt to the museo del Prado and 5 to Cibiles, in the other direction 7 min to SOL ! Location is great ! In the small little streets around there are lots of bars and small restaurants - seems to be lively at nite - NOT loud so ! The rooms are quite different. My colleague had a nice very new shower and I unfortunately only a bathtub with a shower curtain. The staff at reception is very friendly and helpful, at breakfast friendly and attentive. The price with 19,-- Euro for the breakfast is not too cheap but it offers almost everything (no fresh orange juice so). I would stay there again on my next trip to Madrid. It is a clear recommendation !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Customer

First of all thank you very much for your review. I really apreciate your coments regarding your stay at Catalonia Las Cortes
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our "Boutique Hotel" , our Staff and the Hotel situation.
Thank you for recommending our Hotel.
We are delighted to welcome you back again on your next trip to Madrid

Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is centrally located near the Plaza de Santa Ana and within an easy walk to all major attractions. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and cheerful. We stayed for eight nights and totally enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert

I really apreciate your coments regarding your stay at Catalonia Las Cortes
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay , and you liked , our Staff and the Hotel situation.

Looking forward to seeing you again

Best regards

san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Catalonia early June. It is in the heart of Madrid and you can walk from here anywhere, including the subway, the royal palace, El Prado and many important city parks and places. We didn't eat at the hotel because it is surrounded by restaurants but they do serve food. We sat in the lobby bar once and it turned out a relaxing experience: great service, great complimentary snacks and great drinks. A great little hotel to enjoy Madrid day or night. It worked for us!

Room Tip: I was amazed how quiet was the room even though we were in the middle of restaurants and shops. Find...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer

Thank you so much for your nice words about the Hotel I ' m glad you liked our service , staff , location and Free Snack Buffet

We hope to serve you again.

Manager

Been to Catalonia Las Cortes? Share your experiences!