It seemed ok in general, but I had some really annoying problems:
- some parts of it were really dirty. the sofas in the lounge are so dusty and dirty you better run for your life if you have any allergy
- the shower stall is a joke. so small it could make you laugh (or cry). In such a big bathroom, for god's sake, make a less number of showers, but in a regular size stall! It's better to wait if they're all being used at the same time (unlikely to happen), then to be so uncomfortable in them! One can barely move around, it's awful
- the freaking washing machine of the ground level was giving me electric shocks! And it didn't work, kept not accepting my coins after keeping my 2 euros. So I had to go talk to the girl at the reception... and she seemed ANGRY that I had to call her. Made such a face as if I was annoying her, were I the one supposed to be sorry for the inconvenience? Well, she told me it's always like that and the she would return my 2 euros later (and didn't!). I had to use the one upstairs.
- they had signals in the rooms saying we shouldn't touch the air conditioner, it would be set from the reception. Well, they did it when there were people with me in the room. but In the night I was alone, I guess I wasn't worthy, they just kept it off and it was really hot.
the pros are location and price.
- Also Known As:
- Cat`s Hotel
- Cat`s Hotel Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ust outside the Puerta del Sol, the center point of Madrid, you can easily and quickly make it to the city’s most famous sites, like the lively Santa Ana plaza, world-famous Prado museum, and refreshing Retiro Park. But don’t worry – we make it easy to fit in that siesta in our Andalucían style common area, beautiful evidence that Cat’s was at one time a 17th century Spanish palace.As the sun goes down, the madrileños come out! When you start your night at Cat’s Cave Bar, it is sure to be a blast! Every night of the week we will take you on the best pub crawls, where you will meet your fellow travelers and truly experience the Madrid lifestyle. During the week we also offer you tapas and shopping tours, and free Flamenco and Salsa dance classes. And of course we’ve got the basics. Our newly renovated rooms range from 4 to 14 beds, each with clean sheets and secure lockers for each guest. Breakfast is included in the price and you can choose from a variety of cereals and pastries every morning. Free wifi is available in the common areas and there are also available computers for guest use. And on departure day, we have secure luggage storage where bags can be left while you get your last tastes of the city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Cat's Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.