“A terrific small hotel in the heart of Madrid” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Splendom Suites Gran Via

You added Splendom Suites Gran Via to your Saves list
Splendom Suites Gran Via
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   San Onofre 5, Centro, 28004 Madrid, Spain (Malasana)   |
Ranked #12 of 452 Hotels in Madrid
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A terrific small hotel in the heart of Madrid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in the Splendom Suites Gran Via during our vacation to Spain. My parents stayed in a room on a separate floor. Of the four hotels we stayed in during our two-week trip, our five nights at the Splendom Suites were probably my favorite overall.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel as an option for families, business travelers, or vacationing couples. The hotel offers apartment-style rentals, complete with a kitchen (stocked with wine, tea, an espresso machine, a refrigerator, cutlery, etc); a spacious living room with a full-sized sofa and widescreen television; and a nice bedroom with its own television. The bathroom was up-to-date, with every amenity one would expect for a hotel at this price. A small balcony off the living room is a nice bonus.

I found the hotel staff to be helpful and accommodating.

Splendom Suites is in the vibrant Chueca neighborhood. It's across a quiet residential street from a busy cafe-bar and is only a block away from the Gran Via. The Sol, Chueca, and Gran Via Metro stops are all less than 5 minutes away on foot. Shopping and excellent dining and nightlife are right around the corner.

I absolutely plan to stay at the Splendom Suites Gran Via on future trips to Madrid, and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: It's worth spending slightly more to get a suite with a living room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia C, Director Comercial at Splendom Suites Gran Via, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We are more tan happy reading your comments. Thank you very much !!

Hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best,

pcanes@thesuitesgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed there three times, in a two bedroom apartment, throughout a month long trip in Spain. Fantastic staff, very well mannered and always ready to assist your every need. Extremely comfortable apartments, very new (opened in November). Great A/C amidst the summer heat, nice rooms on the smaller side (as is customary in Europe), Great blackout, very well equipped. Has a washer, but no drier, which might be my only issue. Very comfortable beds, plus great pillow menu Apartments are very soundproof.
Fantastic location (couldn't be better) in Fuencarral, full of shops, very close to restaurants, attractions etc. Apartment is in a pedestrian street but a few steps of Valverde through which traffic is allowed, Only 1 1/2 block to the center of the Gran Via, few more blocks to Puerta del Sol. Still very quiet, despite its location.
If you are coming from the airport, ask them for transportation ahead of time. There service is inexpensive with extremely reliable, courteous service in a Mercedes van.
Should we go back to Madrid, we will definitively stay there. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful remarks and repited visits, our goal is to make you feel your home away from home.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are visiting Spain.

Warm regards,

Mazatlan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Finding a hotel room in Europe that would allow a family of five was a nightmare so when I found a hotel that would allow my family to stay in one "room", well... you can imagine I was a little worried. Once we entered our room we could see this was an actual apartment with two king size beds and a sofa bed in the living room area. It was clean, with one and a half bathrooms (we kinda wished we could have had two full bathrooms). And the two words most people love to hear when traveling Europe: Free WiFi.
The best thing of all... LOCATION! This place is only two blocks away from La Gran Via and just down the block you have Fuencarral Street which was turned to a pedestrian street with lots of shops and restaurants and a great place to just sit and people watch.
We were treated amazingly by the staff and made us wish we could have stayed there a few more nights.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments. It's true that is not always easy to accommodate a family of 5 people and this is exactly our unique selling point.
We are very happy to hear that you had a good time in Splendom Suites and hopefully next time you can stay longer.

Warm regards,

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This apartment hotel is very well located, with great rooms and management. We were on the back end of a long trip, and really enjoyed our stay here. We had the two bedroom family unit, which was very comfortable for our family of five. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review that we really appreciate.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again when visiting Spain.

All the best,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Location location location!! You can walk to most of the places from this hotel and there is a Carrefour express around the corner. Restaurants and shops surround you so no doubt it is in a good location.
The room has a sense of home. The details of everything are well preformed. The fresh flower make your room has a good aroma.
Ok, the but part. I booked a junior suite through hotelclub which suppose to have a living and a bedroom. My husband and I are travelled with 2 little girls so we prefer apartment rather than hotel because of space and I am pretty sure there's a King bed and a sofa so it is pretty much enough for us. When we arrived, we were led to a studio room. The staff is very helpful to help me to sort that out. However, all the junior suites are fully booked. There's only one King bed in that studio and we have 2adults and 2 children. I was offered to get another studio for the first night but the hotel is fully booked for 2nd and 3rd. We don't want to separate to 2 rooms while my girls are very little and we don't want to move on the 2nd night. Finally the staff is very helpful to find an extra bed to put in the studio. Problem solved. But wait, I paid 130 Euro for the suite and I checked hotelclub's rate for the studio that day is only Euro70. However they can only refund 10 Euro per day for me for the mistake they made (and I still don't know if I can get it back from hotelclub).

I travelled 5,6 times with my family every year and booked numerous hotels and apartments. This never ever happen to me. The hotel is not giving me the room I booked. I heard of upgrade but never down grade. They said I did not mentioned I have 2 little ones on my booking and that's why the studio is given to me. However, it is not the point. I booked a junior suite and I paid for it. The hotel policy allow children under 12 using existing beds to stay free.

If you want to book this hotel I can only wish you good luck that you won't have the same experience as me.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I have been checking about the situation and it's true that due to an internal issue we didn't have a Junior Suite available and offered you 2 Studios for the same price as we didn't know that you were travelling with 2 small kids. Just mention, that it's not correct that children under 12 years old are free in a existing bed.

We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations with this issue.

Best regards,

Pondicherry, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The taxi dropped us off 15 steps away from the door so we really had no idea what this place was all about. We entered a small reception area with trepidation because just behind it was a sort of garish staircase lobby. For once I thought we had made a horrible mistake. Then we were ushered up to the fourth floor (in an elevator) and we entered a delightful little suite. The fresh white lilies on the dining table won us over immediately. The little kitchenette had just about everything! The bedroom, although very small, was very comfortable. The sitting room was larger and we could spread out here. Service was very good...would have been excellent if the floors were cleaned every day. The best part was the location...so very central, just a few minutes walk from everywhere and loads of stores and restaurants downstairs yet we were not disturbed by any noise at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have just returned from our 3 week family European Vacation and we would have to rate this as one of the best hotels that we stayed in.
Gorgeous accommodation, great location (the GPS doesn't find it). Its a brand new property, still a little bit of painting etc going on, but as its new you get the benefits of everything being new in your room. Very tastefully decorated.
We had the suite 1 bedroom, which was the perfect size for the 3 of us. The hotel contacted us via email prior to arrival to see if we needed welcome packs etc as it has its own kitchen etc, we arranged and they then gave us it complimentary which was a really nice touch. Whilst our daughter is 14 year, I would also really recommend this hotel to people travelling with small children as they will arrange toys, cradle etc for your room and it also has a play room within the hotel.
The room even has its own espresso machine with Pods provided.
All in all a fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Our master bedroom backed onto another suite and in the morning we could hear peoples conversations...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family