“Well located, convenient for short stay in Madrid” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Palace Embassy

You added Petit Palace Embassy to your Saves list
Petit Palace Embassy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Serrano 46 | ​​(between C / Hermosilla, C / Ayala), 28001 Madrid, Spain (Barrio de Salamanca)   |
Ranked #176 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Ulm, Germany
“Well located, convenient for short stay in Madrid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Conveniently located hotel in an upmarket neighborhood. Many landmarks can be reached on foot and it provides a good base for a short trip to Madrid. Rooms are small but well designed, despite in need of some redecoration. Quality of craftsmanship is not high. Very ordinary toiletteries and little space in the bathroom to accommodate even a moderate vanity case.
Complimentary transport to the airport is only available on the weekend.
While a would recommend this hotel for a short trip, I was not impressed by the unsmiling staff at the reception. It is hard to belief that people working in a hotel remain looking at the computer screen instead of looking at their approaching customers and expect them to speak without establishing eye contact. Perhaps some training on good manners and style would be advisable.
Overall, convenient, practical, no special charm, no smiles.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Serrano can be noisy even at the fourth floor level.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria G, Gerente at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Susana,

First of all, I appreciate your feeback. I am glad to know you had a nice stay with us. However, we regret that certain details were not entirely to your liking. Let you know we will bear in mind your comment with the aim of improving.

Our recepcionists are characterized by their enthusiasm and strong interpersonal skills, and I am used to receive good reviews about them. Without doubt, you had an extraordinary experience with us. I deeply regret any inconvenience that you might have experienced as a result.

On the other hand, regarding the rooms, we have different sizes. We do hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back and let us show you that our guest’s satisfaction is our main objective.

Ultimately, we work to satisfy our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.

Kind regards.
Jorge del Río Benito
Director - General Manager

We do hope you will give us another chance to welcome you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Siena, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It is fine no doubt but something is missing to be really good. Location is excellent, room is clean and breakfast is standard. but something is still missing, maybe it is a little bit "cold" as atmosphere. Price is a little bit too high but maybe you pay more because is in Calle Serrano

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Victoria G, Departamento de Ventas Online at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear client:

Thank you very much for you comment about our Hotel Petit Palace Embassy. Your feedback helps us to improve every day. We work to please our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.

We are at your complete disposal for anything you may need. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Kindest regards.
North UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is well located, and is served by a metro station just 150 meters of so away. Nice neigbourhood too. The rooms are well proportioned and maintained, (although I did not use my aircon as it was cold and raining during my stay at end Sept). As per previous reviews the beds are FIRM. On arrival there was no "welcome" from the girl on reception, just the basics and formalities. A real shame as it would have made a world of difference. Breakfast was good, a fair selection including hot food. I had a beer or 2 in the bar, again the staff did not seem to want to interact with guests, so I felt I was a bit of an inconvenience to them. I stayed 3 nights and would go back, but not for the "ambience".....

Room Tip: I had room 210 which was secluded and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maria G, Online sales department at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear client,
We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and constructive criticism about reception and cafeteria staff.
We will try to improve this aspect everything. It is rare that employees are not customer friendly, in fact we have much customer loyal and repetitive thanking our dealings with every stay nice and close.
We hope see you again in one of our hotels.

Best regards,
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I really liked this hotel. Its main feature definetely is the location where it is. Serrano street which is one of the nicest streets of the Salamanca neighborhood and you just have everything you need on a walking distance, restaurants, shops, two Corte Ingles and so on.... In terms of attractions is similar. Definetely, the place to stay.
The hotel rooms are big enough, well equiped and nice. Very clean and they offer a wide array of toilettries. They say they are high tech hotels and by this I guess they mean that the decoration is something between minimalistic and futuristic. There was a very old laptop on our room, I guess that this accounted as well to the high tech end of the hotel. What I liked the most was the shower, it was someing like a car wash, very funny to try it once.
Probably the only thing I didnot like that much was the bed, it was kind of hard and there were no drawers in the room, so probably for long stays this could be an inconvenient.
I found this hotel very affordable with a superior location, so next time in Madrid, I will definitely stay there again and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria G, Online sales department at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments however I can understand your disappointment with your bed and not having drawers in the room. About the bed, you could ask in reception for other room.

We hope see you again in one of other hotels.

Best regards,
Javea, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just a short 2 day stay with a visit to the US embassy, the embassy is only 15 minutes comfortable walk on the same street. The hotel is away from the main area of Madrid a little but quite walkable into town. Taxis are reasonable anyway so no big deal. The room is fine although should there be 2 guests there should have been 2 easy chairs, the one provided was badly stained which looked awful. The bathroom was good, a little awkward to use the shower without getting your hair wet but thats as most hotel bathrooms, its a pity the door over the bath didn't swing out so you can reach the taps without getting in the bath first.
The lift is handy when you have heavy luggage, the free coffee was welcome but I had no idea until I wandered down to find some ice. There should have been a snack menu or some information about the hotel facilities in the room. The stair banisters could do with cleaning and the wooden floor is not too level so maybe some kind of warning would be good. The staff were helpful when I need some ice and directions. I wish someone would have told me they have free bikes, I read that afterwards somewhere. The free Wifi was welcome. Ok yes the bed is hard but I was so tired I hardly noticed. I thought the breakfast looked over priced so I ate out. I think the airconditioning could do with a service but it was August.

Room Tip: I think my room was at the rear of the hotel which was no problem, no view but at least there was no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ruth M, Online Sales Department at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear guest:

We appreciate the time you taken to write the comment, we appreciate knowing that your stay has met your expectations, although specific details were not to your liking. We will work on your comments to improve our facilities. Thank you for your confidence in us. We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards.
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for 2 days on the 25th and the 26th june. A very nice ambience rooms were very comfortable though a little small, but the space was properly utilised. This place was very central to the nearby attractions. The staff was very courtious and helpful in everything and if you are travelling with your family and want a neat central and a safe place to stay then this is it. in our 2 days stay we could not find anything negative about this place. very nice once again.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are of a good quality. so whiever room you will get will be ok.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Departamento de ventas online at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear client,

I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay hope you will join us again in the near future.

Kindest regards.
Issaquah, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Checked in for 3 nights due to work in Madrid. This hotel is centrally located and reasonably priced. The rooms are small and adequate, with spartan desk, chair and small TV. A feature of the 'high tech' chain this hotel belongs to, is a laptop in each room with a wired network connection as well as fast and free wireless. I didn't use the laptop but it might be a nice touch for the non-business traveler.

I had to switch rooms after the first night because of the hardness of the bed I slept on. A newer bed proved to be a bit softer which made the difference for me.

Aside from that, the hotel is a pleasant place to stay. Breakfast is quite good and a nice touch is the free bike which I used for an outing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Sales online deparment at Petit Palace Embassy, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear reviewer,

First, accept my sincere apologies that the bed in your room was so hard. Thank you for your feedback, it is very useful for us to improve our service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next visiting the area.

Kind regards

Been to Petit Palace Embassy? Share your experiences!