“Wonderful staff!!! Amazing location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Palace Italia

You added Petit Palace Italia to your Saves list
Petit Palace Italia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada 2 | esquina con C/ Gran Vía, 32, 28004 Madrid, Spain (Malasana)   |
Ranked #256 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Wonderful staff!!! Amazing location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights(me and my friends).We took 3 rooms and I, as an reseptionist in one of bigest hotels in Tel Aviv, was truely surprised when at 10 am after long flight we discovered that all the 3 rooms are ready! usualy c/i time is 14 pm.
Check in was quick and accompanied with welcoming smile of Paulina, and it made me feel home away from home from the beginning!Internet is free and in addition you have a two computers in the lobby with internet access. It's really importent for me at least to stay in contact with my family and friends(and my work of course).
When i got in to the room i was amazed by the purity and the wonderful smell of some kind of parfume...The lady from HK staff was just passing by and in the moment she saw an extra person in the room she helped us to open an extra bed. And despite the language barrier, she made us feel like we understand each other. in general i have to tell, that spanish hospitality is one of the things that make all the difference!
The only thing that i would consider as an negative experience is the noice from the street. But i know that is a one of most popular problems in city hotels.
As i mentioned above, i work in reception as well, so it was really interestind to talk to the staff in reception of the Hotel and share some experience and news. I have to note, that the staff is truely professional and friendly. They answer the phone quick and do all their best to help You with everything you might need.
Special thanks to Camilo... i think He i one of most friendly and professional receptionist i have ever seen!
All ours questions were answered professionally and patiently. When i lost my bag he did everything possible to help me to find it(finally i found it among my stuff). I felt so stupid but Camilo gave me the best feeling in the world, telling me that it happens to everyone sometimes. He took care of me like a brother, like a best friend! Thank You!
If some day I'll visit Madrid again I'll stay only in this hotel!
All the best! Love You guys!

Room Tip: Rooms on the high floors are quieter!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Laura C, Revenue Online Sales Department at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Alexander,
First of all thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!
I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our services, facilities and staff from one of our guests!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the ciber-corner, our central position and all rest of services were of help to you.
And we were absolutely delighted too to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay and about our nice staff! Always we tried to make our guests feel like at home!
We do hope you find the time to return to Madrid and stay with us again, you will be very welcome!
Kindest regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Philadelphia Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

the location of this hotel is brilliant. right on gran via in the chueca neighborhood, close to tons of shopping, many restaurants, and not too bad of a walk to museo del prado and some other historic attractions (i love to walk, but the metro station is practically in front of the hotel anyway). couldn't beat the location... although if you are sold on the hotel petit palace chain, all of their hotels are within a few blocks of each other! the staff was nice, nothing to complain about-- they were able to call a taxi for me to the airport (from the airport i think i paid about 27 euro or so, on the way to the airport it was closer to 35 or 40 or so... because the taxi company charges from wherever the taxi was to where they pick you up...just an extra piece of advice!). breakfast was a pretty good selection-- it was 7,70 per day if its not included in your rate. the room was spacious, the bathroom was nice... the shower was a bonus with the waterfall, the removable shower head and the body jets. there was a nice wardrobe with a laptop sized safe. one thing i really disliked was the bed... hard as a rock! i could never get comfortable. also, the room (the whole 2nd floor, but especially my room) SMELLED. like wet dog or something awful. .. i actually was able to get used to the stench within a few minutes, but every time i would re-enter my room it was terrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Laura C, Online Sales Department at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest;

We really appreciate your comments and we are happy to know about your good experience in our hotel.

However we are sorry to hear about your room had a heavy smell and we would have like to hear about it during your stay to be able to try to fix it.

Please, let us know in case you are coming back to Madrid and we can have the opportunity to do our best for you.

Best regards,
Carolina Cervera - Manager Hotel
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We must agree with Adela B's review. The hotel is perfectly located and is good value for money. If you ask for an interior room, you won't get a view but it'll be very quiet. The shower is one of the best we have ever used and the bathroom is quite spacious. The room is comfortable, well decorated and furnished and the mattresses are good quality. The reception staff are extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming and very keen to cater for any particular requests you might have. We certainly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there next time we are in Madrid.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you are not used to the noise of a capital city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Online Sales Department at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear client:
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to the city.
Thank you very much for you comment, and we do hope you find the time to return to Madrid and stay with us again, you will be very welcome!
Kindest regards
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel has nothing but advantages!!! First of all the front desk receptionists are extremely helpful and they look more than happy to explain to you what you should see around the city, ways of getting from one place to another and they make good recommendations about where you can have a decent meal. Secondly, the rooms are perfect! Spotless clean, nice furniture, everything you need is at the tip of your fingers and they are quite big.
What I loved most is the perfect location of this hotel. It is in the city centre within walking distance from everything you need: museums, shops, bars and pubs. From my experience I can tell you that the vibe of a city feels differently when your hotel has a good position and Petit Palace Italia is one of the best hotels you can get for a good price!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Online Sales Department at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Adela,
Kindest regards!!
I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay hope you will join us again in the near future
I am pleased to read such a glowing review and we hope to see you again in Madrid!
Thanks and regards
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times! Very handy as it near to our office in Madrid. The rooms have been recently refurbished. I can´t fault this hotel at all. I am looking forward to my next business trip to Madrid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Laura C, Sales Online Department at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!
I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our service and facilities from one of our guests!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and really alll of our rooms were recently refurbished, our central position and all rest of services were of help to you.
Kindest regards
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

'You get what you pay for,' is my motto. This is a moderately priced hotel. For the price, the accomodations were suitable.

We spent 5 nights in the Petit Palace Italia due to my husband being in Madrid for business. We had ample time to observe and evaluate.

The room was immaculately cleaned each day. This is a HUGE asset in my view.

The bedroom area was small as is the custom with european hotels. There was an armoire, with safe and refrigerator (which includes a 'mini-bar' of sorts, too pricey.) A laptop desk and nightstand beside bed. The bathroom was very spacious, shower gel, shampoo and bar soap available. Bring your own hair conditioner. There was always plenty of hot water. Also, Americans need to know that as with some other european hotels, wash rags are not part of the normal towel service. We always bring out own.

The bed was very firm. We like firm beds. So, this didn't pose a problem for us.

The free Wifi was VERY SLOW. Some moments were better than others. But, on the whole my husband was not able to satisfactorily conduct any business over their wifi network because it was excruciatingly slow.

I LOVED the location of this hotel. Very near subway stops and Puerto del Sol. It was just a few minutes walk to the Palace Real and the Prado. Shopping along Gran Via is very nice.

The front desk staff spoke English very well. They were congenial and always had friendly attitude.

We enjoyed their 7 euro breakfast a couple of days. It was very convenient and well stocked. Coffee machine was sanitized and made great variety of coffee. But, you can get a cheaper breakfast at McDonald's just a couple of blocks away. (I know....who goes to Spain and eats at McD's? Well, after awhile you just crave American food.... I highly recommend this McD's, it's beautiful and looks like a Starbucks on the inside.)

According to some of the other reviews I read, there has been an unusual smell in the hotel. During our stay, we only encountered this 'funkiness' wafting through once. It was only a few hours. It wasn't horrible.

Be aware that when you take your key card out of the wall slot that turns off the lights, it will also turn off your AC or heat.

Overall, for the price and friendly staff, I would stay here again. Because, frankly, I was in Madrid to see the sights, not spend tons of time in the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room facing perpendicular to Gran Via, so we didn't have the heaviest traffic noise. H...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Laura C, Revenue Manager at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Balburns!
We are very happy that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one and would like to thank you for sharing this with everyone on Tripadvisor.
We hope to see you soon on any High Tech or Petit Palace!
Best regards
Umea, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel has a perfect location, at the corner of Gran Via and Calle Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada. It's just a short walk to Puerta del Sol and all the main sights in Madrid are within walking distance.

The Tourist Office in Madrid sent me a list of hotels with adapted rooms According to the list, three Petit Palace hotels have spacious bathrooms with good accessibility. However, the information about Petit Palace Italia was not correct. The bathroom in the "adapted room" was not accessible, it was impossible for my wife and friends to transfer me from the wheelchair!

Fortunately, there is an accessible bathroom in the cellar, that bathroom is actually quite good. If you want a well adopted room, you will need to double check the information given by the Tourist Office.

Another problem is that the hotel is facing Gran Via, one of the busiest streets in Madrid. In other words, there is traffic and lots of people during the night, which can be quite disturbing.

The hotel offers free Wifi access in the room and the service is good In case we return to Madrid, we'll definitely stay somewhere else.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Laura C, Online Sales Department at Petit Palace Italia, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest;

Thanks for your comments. We are very sorry to hear from you that the bathroom in your room was not accessible for you, since our rooms are homologated as adapted rooms for disable guests.
However it is true that there are some motor wheel chairs which are more difficult to use on our adapted rooms as they are bigger than no-motored chairs.

We really appreciate you take your time writing about your experience at our hotel and we take note about your comments to improve our services for your next time at our city.

Thanks again for your time and king regards

Been to Petit Palace Italia? Share your experiences!