“Nice room, bathroom a little dated, but good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel de las Letras
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gran Via, 11, 28013 Madrid, Spain   |
Ranked #69 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice room, bathroom a little dated, but good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I arrived early and my room was ready. The room was large for European standards and had access to a balcony. There were several English speaking channels on the tv and the free wifi worked great. Location is good and is convenient to shopping on Gran Via and around Puerta del Sol.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here 5 nights - everything was great, room was quiet and very clean, bed extremely comfortable, staff could not have been nicer. Location fabulous, could walk everywhere, metro, restaurants stores, etc. There was even a starbucks within 2 minute walk.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked a reservation with this hotel last weekend from Saturday night through Monday night. My flight to Madrid was cancelled and I called the hotel the second I found out about it to tell them and they didnt refund my stay at all. They charged me the full amount for all 3 nights even though I gave them notice. The representative at the hotel also lied and told my travel agent that I hadn't told them the reason was due to a cancelled flight or else they would have "worked something out". I told their representative about a 100x the reason for the cancellation. I will never recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Delasletras, Hotel Manager at Hotel de las Letras, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear guest,
First of all thank you for your comments because they will help me to explain some questions about the issue you explain:
- When you made the reservation in our Hotel you choose and Advance Purchase Rate. This means than this rate is cheapest than usual (you get between a 15% and 10% of disccount) but the rate is non refundable and non changeable. These are the conditions and you accept them when you pay the reservation in advance, so if you are finally not able to come you will lose the money paid.
- In this case I recommend you to claim to the air company not to the hotel because we didn't take part in the fact you were not able to fly. We can send you the invoice if needed to claim.

Best regards,
MANUEL ANDREU
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 nights in this hotel in mid November, visiting our son in Madrid. Our first stay was for 2 nights, we were leaving Madrid for a weekend and returning to Madrid and booked to stay at another "higher rated" hotel. Needless to say, we cancelled the other hotel and booked ourselves here again. The hotel is in a great location - central to everything. The rooms (we had 2 different rooms) were very comfortable - fairly large, great beds, nice decor and large bathrooms. I will say, the first room we had - 3rd floor facing the street, was loud. With our return, we had an inside room on the 5th floor - very quiet. The hotel bar and lounge area is very comfortable and the staff great. The hotel staff is also wonderful - helped us with lost luggage, restaurant recommendations and any other advice we sought. Highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Low floor, street side rooms can be loud.
Hove, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed 4 nights out of season in November at a cost of 112 euros a night. The hotel is newly refurbish but has lost most of its old charm except in the stairwell. The room we had was a reasonably size, good bathroom, and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was expensive at 18 euros, even though it had a fair variety of things, so we only had it the first morning.

The internet is free but poor and we ended up logging on to the building across the street. Our room as the back of the hotel was noisy and there's no double glazing.

The location is very central and it's easy to walk to most of the major sights.

All in all, a pleasant experience and to be recommended so long at the rate is reasonable.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent three days there and I can confirm that everything has been fine.
Clean, good free Wi-Fi and the location is at walking distance to many interesting places.
In the room I liked Ikea's style lights and so much the poems on walls

Didn't tried breakfast nor dinner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My fiance and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel de las Letras back in October of this year. All I can say is "Thank You". The room was super chic and very clean. The staff was super courteous and friendly. We traveled from the states and arrived in Madrid way before noon time, but the front desk staff was able to accommodate us without any problems. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de las Letras? Share your experiences!