“Good location, service and price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel de las Letras
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gran Via, 11, 28013 Madrid, Spain   |
Ranked #63 of 455 Hotels in Madrid
Milan, Italy
“Good location, service and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent three days there and I can confirm that everything has been fine.
Clean, good free Wi-Fi and the location is at walking distance to many interesting places.
In the room I liked Ikea's style lights and so much the poems on walls

Didn't tried breakfast nor dinner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My fiance and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel de las Letras back in October of this year. All I can say is "Thank You". The room was super chic and very clean. The staff was super courteous and friendly. We traveled from the states and arrived in Madrid way before noon time, but the front desk staff was able to accommodate us without any problems. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean & modern. Perfect location for walking to major sights. Great staff - spoke good English and were very helpful with requests or advice. Really nice rooms - great bathroom, but if you're not travelling with your spouse/partner, be aware that it doesn't have a door that closes - just a panel that slides in front of the door frame. Wasn't a problem for my wife and I, but if you were staying with a friend, it might be a bit awkward.

As for Madrid advice:
-Do lots of walking, tons of stuff to see in the city centre.
-Definitely check out the Mercado de San Miguel. Amazing culinary experience.
-Use the metro to get to/from the airport or around town. Frequent trains and tons of stations all over town.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We received a warm welcome on arrival at Hotel de las Letras! The lobby/reception area is very small, with an adjacent lounge area, but the staff were very gracious. Our room was on the top floor with a great terrace. The hot tub on the terrace was a nice touch but we would have enjoyed the water temp to be hotter in order to fully enjoy this amenity. Room service breakfast was on time each morning and overall housekeeping was terrific. The guest room bathroom was a bit dark and the water splashes out of the tub on each side (wet floors!). These were minor in the scheme of things. Location was terrific as we had the ability to walk to many attractions around the city. A great stay and we will happily return!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night stay in this hotel, Madrid. I booked online for a standard room and upgraded to a superior room 610 for an additional E20 per night. I had seen this recommended on trip advisor. Thank you. The views were amazing and the upgrade added to the Madrid experience. There was no noise and we slept like tops. Hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant. We took the yellow airport bus outside terminal 2 and this took us very close to the hotel, stopping at Palacio de Cibeles, and a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Would recommend the bus which is a 15 minute journey cost E5 per person. Loved Madrid. Such a friendly city and the numerous bars meant we were spoilt for choice, Tried VIPs chain - very popular with Spanish and very cheap. Good option for breakfast. Im not a huge art buff but enjoyed visiting the three main art galleries, Prado, Reina Sofia and also Thyssen-Bornemiza, all very different and the last private collection of Thyssen Bornemiza was amazing and my favourite. Didnt need to use the metro as everything was walkable. Great city break and Madrid certainly didnt disappoint.

Room Tip: Definitely 610 is the room to go for.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed eight nights at the hotel. I found the hotel staff friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was cleaned everyday. The hotel itself is located in a very central area of Madrid. Most attractions were walking distance. If you needed transport there were no shortage of buses, taxis and metro stations nearby.

As the location of the hotel is situated on a main road there is a lot of traffic noise throughout the night. I could hear it from my room which was on the fourth floor at the back of the hotel, although I must admit the noise did not bother me. My room was comfortable although it was on the small side. The size of the room was not a problem to me either, but for an upmarket hotel it would have been nice to have a kettle in the room to make a cup of tea or coffee. In fact the room had no extra amenities at all except for the mini-bar in the fridge. Any items you took from there had to be paid for of course.

The bar and restaurant areas are decorated nicely. There is a nice ambiance in the lounge if you wanted to relax after a day of sightseeing.

To sum up I would recommend this hotel, except, maybe for families, although I cannot be 100% sure on this, but going from my experience I think it would be a bit cramped for families to stay there. Although the hotel was busy with people from different walks of life, I did not notice any family groups.

I had an enjoyable time in Madrid and my stay at the hotel was a pleasure. I would go back to the same hotel again, but first I would check out what other hotels on the same scale has to offer.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Found it to be an excellent location on Gran Via - close walking distance to the Prado, Plaza Mayor and Plaza Santa Ana. Also nearby metro station, which was great to get to the train stations for our day trips to Segovia and Toledo. The staff was very friendly and helpful. By agreeing to stay in another hotel for one night they upgraded us to a junior suite with a terrace, which was a nice size room. There are bars and restaurants close to the hotel as well. We never made it to the roof top bar. I would recommend this hotel. Thought it was good value as well - even more so as we booked a special rate of stay 3 nights and get the 4th night free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de las Letras? Share your experiences!