“Location & Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Acapulco

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madrid
Hostal Acapulco
You added Hostal Acapulco to your Saves list
Salud 13, 4th Floor. Madrid | Plaza del Carmen, Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #3 of 372 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rio Verde, Arizona
“Location & Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Everything is good about this hotel. Clean,safe,great location and comfortable. Great price too. Everyone was very helpful and informative. The only thing I would strongly suggest is that you ask for an interior.

Room Tip: Interior Room
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Ferndale, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Great location. Great rates. Just a couple of blocks from the Puerta del Sol which is the heart of Madrid. Very clean with nice bathrooms and beds that are on the firm side. Javier is VERY helpful. Don't let the word Hostal fool you, this is a nice Hotel. Metro stops Sol and Gran Via are very close. Cute little grocery store with a mini bakery on Calle Tres Cruces 1 block away (try their napolitana con crema). Located in the same building as Hostal Triana.
ChemTeacherTraveller's photos a very accurate on her March 11th, 2011 reivew.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed in this hotel in September 2010. We found it to be great value for money - the location is absolutely fantastic and one of the staff pointed us to a restuarant around the corner which we went back to every night - such great traditional food and fantastic value for money! Free internet was a bonus and the hotel was in a safe building and was very clean. My only gripe is that I found the beds to be extremely uncomfortable however this may have just been our room. Madrid is such an exciting city and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ypsilanti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I stayed at Hostal Acapulco in Madrid for one night in February 2011 at the end of my trip. I booked the room through e-mail. When I arrived, though, they didn't seem to be expecting me and didn't have the single, quite room I had reserved. They found a double, exterior room for me but charged me the quoted, single-room price. The room had two beds, a TV, a window/mini-balcony, closet, and great (included) Wifi. The hotel is on Plaza del Carmen, about three blocks from Puerta del Sol. I walked from the hotel to the Royal Palace, Prado, and along Gran Via. Even at night, I felt very safe. Room 48's ensuite bathroom is tight but servicable: shower/tub combo, sink, toilet. I paid in upfront in cash the quoted price, but they were not prepared to give any change. (Good that I had exact.) The only negative is that the hotel is on the 4th floor, so if you don't want to be in the old, cage-style elevator, it's 5 flights up!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Stayed for a long weekend and it was the perfect choice. The location is fab in between Gran Via and Sol overlooking the square. Javier couldnt have been more helpful with detailed instructions on how to get there we didnt get lost once. Its not a fancy place but when you will be out all day sigt seeing who needs a 5 star hotel. It was spotlessly clean room and the bathroom water pressure was great, the fridge in the room also came in very handy. I would highly recommend as a base to see Madrid

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

What a great little hotel - one floor of a stately old building very centrally located near Puerta del Sol and Gran Via metro. The service was excellent and very friendly, and the rooms, while not fancy, were just what we wanted: simple, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husband, two teenagers and I stayed in a quad room for 3 nights in late December. The best part about this hotel is the location--2 minute walk to Gran Via metro, 5 minute walk to Puerta del Sol (and Sol metro), midway between the Prado and Royal Palace--and everything is walkable. The staff were friendly and spoke fluent English. The room, which had four single beds, was big enough to accommodate all of us and our luggage. We enjoyed having access to the computer in the lobby--free for guest use; there is free wifi as well. We had a balcony overlooking the very quiet and charming Plaza del Carmen--I'd recommend asking to face front. The shower had a really nice showerhead and awesome water pressure--better than my shower at home. The beds were a little soft, which was fine for me, but bothered my husband. Things that could be improved--the kerosene lamp in the lobby gave off a terrible odor which permeated the lobby. Also, although the hotel is non-smoking, our bathroom smelled of stale smoke--maybe needs a new shower curtain? Finally, there was no central heating, only a space heater which was not really sufficient to heat the room. Overall, I thought the 119 Euro price for the room was high considering what we got for it. Next time, I would stay in the same general area, but would probably shop around for another hostal or hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hostal Acapulco? Share your experiences!