“Smart and luxurious hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Only You Hotel & Lounge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Barquillo 21, 28004 Madrid, Spain (Chueca)   |
Ranked #3 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Smart and luxurious hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a short business trip. The location was good, very close to the office I visited so great for me. The reception received was very friendly and their level of English was great (as it was in most places I visited during my stay). The room was very nice, although I would have liked one with an external window (mine looked over the internal atrium) as the room was quite hot even with the aircon on. The room furnishing was very plush although it was quite expensive I could see where the money had been spent.
If you arrive by plane try getting on the Metro to Chueca station, only €5 and takes around 45 minutes. I also had a very early flight home so jumped on the night bus 3 minutes walk from the hotel also costing €5. Didn't need a taxi at all during my visit as transport is very easy.
Old I stay here again? I am due to potentially return to Madrid in a few months but I am sure that when the project gets my expenses they will want me to book into somewhere cheaper next time.
I didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the restaurant.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations Manager at Only You Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Mr Barry A,

What a lovely review! Thank you for your kindness!

We appreciate that your enjoyed your time at the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge and you liked the convenient location and the room style. We would also like to thank your tips about how to get to the hotel, we are sure our future guests will appreciate it.

Next time you may be thinking in coming to Madrid, why don't you try one of our Premium rooms with a cosy balcony overlooking Calle Barquillo? You will love it!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just back from a week at Only You. What a wonderful experience. First time in Madrid (visiting daughter, who is studying abroad in Pamplona). First, the staff was just incredible. From the moment we arrived, tired from overnight plane ride from U.S., they were attentive, helpful and so, so nice. I know I will forget a name or two, but the doormen, Abian & Dan, the welcome desk, Nacho, Diana, Lucia, Hector and Andres. You were amazing!!! You helped make our trip perfect! The hotel was absolutely beautiful. Our rooms were lovely and spotless. We really could not have asked for more. We will never forget our trip to Madrid and our stay at the wonderful "Only You"
Bill & Sheila Donovan

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Bill & Sheila,

What an amazing suprise reading your review on Trip Advisor!

Thank you so much for your kind words about the "amazing" and "incredible" staff and the "wonferful" hotel. We will let the whole team know that you had a really good time at the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge.

Should you be in Madrid soon, please just let it us know and we will organize your trip!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

For a boutique hotel, this place is simply amazing.
Wonderful design, great customer service, extremely accommodating staff, super cool lobby/front bar and other chill areas, and great rooms/beds with balconies. I can be a demanding traveler as I go around the world, and this place is just right for business or pleasure. Great location too!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations Manager at Only You Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Mr Henry M,

Thank you so much for your kind words! For saying only good things about us: "a wonderful design, great customer service, extremely accommodating staff, super cool lobby/front bar", etc.

As a tireless traveler you are, we would love to welcoming you back at the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am just back from a long weekend in Madrid and this time I decided to stay in the Only You since I visited the public areas a couple of months ago and really liked them... In the past months I have also stayed at Room Mate Oscar and Hotel de las Letras, but Only You is definitely in a different league (and a matching price tag)...

The hotel is amazingly designed with a lot of thought into the detail... public areas are stunning but the rooms do not disappoint and are by far the best appointed in the boutique category in the city...

I loved the big bathroom with the rain shower, the big closet and the big comfortable bed... My window was facing the internal courtyard and I was afraid of noises coming from the lobby but rooms are really well soundproofed...

I did not try the hotel's restaurant but breakfast was really delicious...

Service was warm and efficient, internet worked wonderfully and bed was sumptuous and comfortable... I really appreciated the fact that I showed up early in the morning and my room was already available...

Definitely a one to check out... if in Madrid again, if room rate is not an issue, I will certainly stay here again...

Room Tip: I stayed in the cheapest room category and the room was absolutely stunning and good sized...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ms TravelingMx,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review!

It is just great to hear that we are in a "different league"... how creative! "Location is just perfect, all tourist attractions are walking distance, great shopping, restaurants and metro are within 5 minute walk...", we could not have said it better!

The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge was desing by Lázaro Rosa Violan right after the refurbishment of the building. We also believe he made an awesome job!

Next time you may be thinking in coming to Madrid, why don't you book a table in our GastroBar. We are sure, you will love it!

And the service..."warm and efficient". The staff is flattered!

We look forward to seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

the hotel located 2 minutes walk from the plaza de la Cibeles, 10 minutes from all the shoping area in Gran via and adjust to the shops and restaurants of Chueca making it to a perfect location.
the hotel it self is an architectural jam, the decor is very modern and sophisticated.
rooms not too big but very comfortable.
the stuff are very polite and helpful giving the fill "its only you".
I defiantly will recommend this jam in Madrid.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations Manager at Only You Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Mr avri f,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much!

It is true that the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge count on a great location, less than 10 minutes walk from all the shopping areas.

Our hotel is all about creating memorable experiences beyond mere accommodation, manufacturing a unique Only YOU spirit.

We can't wait to welcome you again!

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

When we first arrived, we were given a beautiful room, however, it had no window, which felt rather claustrophobic. We phoned reception and they changed our room promptly. The fact that you can eat your 'breakfast' at any time of the morning is a great. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Steffen K,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about us!

The team is very excited that you enjoyed our yummy Á la Carte Breakfast from 7am to late in the evening!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I love this hotel -- it is just about perfect for a boutique hotel. The hotel is....well... really hipl. The staff were incredibly lovely and helpful and my room was very comfortable and uniquely decorated. The breakfast was outstanding and the front desk staff provided excellent recommendations for local restaurants.

The fact that I was so excited by the hotel made the little misses even more disappointing. For example, there was only ¼ of a loo roll upon arrival, I pulled a used shower cap out of my bathrobe pocket (as I did not use a shower cap, I assumed that it went through the wash and moved on....) and there was a smudge of dirt on the duvet cover, which admittedly may have come from my bag. Also, no one answered when i called for room service and I had to go down to the front desk to put in my order. With just a bit more effort, the hotel would have full marks.

A word of warning....the bar in the hotel is very, very happening, which is both positive and negative. The positive was that as a solo traveler, it was easy to sit at the bar and socialise a bit. The negative was that, being British, I was ready to go to sleep at 11pm, which is when the party really got started. Unfortunately, it could be heard loud and clear all the way up in my room on the 4th floor. I didn't bother me very much; I just stayed up and read until 3am when it finally got quiet. It seems that there was a special event on as the following night, noise was not a problem at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations Manager at Only You Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Mr Fortheus N,

Thank you so much for chosing us for your stay in Madrid. We would like to thank you for your comments with regards the "incredibly lovely and helpful staff" and the "outstanding" breakfast.

Since we open the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid six months ago, we work hard everyday to get just better and better. Reviews like yours help us to improve on a daily basis. We have taken some measures to avoid this happens again. Let us thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back soon in our hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Only You Hotel & Lounge? Share your experiences!