“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taberna del Chato

Taberna del Chato
C/ de la Cruz 35, 28012 Madrid, Spain (Huertas)
34-915-231-629
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 7,162 Restaurants in Madrid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Description: Nice tavern located on the most central and commercial zone of Madrid (walking distance to la Puerta del Sol and Plaza de Santa Ana). Ideal to make a stop along the way to taste its tapas or to have dinner sitting at one of its small rooms. Very varied menu of Spanish portions and bite-sized appetizers. Kind employees. Kitchen open to the public for directly dealing with the chef. Sangría. Cocktails.
Los Altos, California, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Since I read a good review here, I walked past scores of places. I'm glad I did,

The food was superb, but the PEOPLE there are even better .

AAA+++

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Discover tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

For 15 euros each we had the set menu of tapas and a bottle of wine included. We could choose 4 tapas in addition to the set menu. The amount of food was just right for two to share. The bar area was very atmospheric. The service was very good with a helpful waiter to guide us on what to order. A very enjoyable experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Tripadvisor rating was off...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The service was great, nice, small little restaurant. No real complaint but it wasn't anywhere close to where I would rate it among other restaurants (Currently 17th in Madrid). All of the Tapas were mediocre. Pâté was the best item we got. The rest were pretty pedestrian. Crispy chicken was almost like it was from a Chinese Buffet with some plum sauce. The Jamon Croquettes were gross sitting on top of Grocery Store oven baked fries.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Have to come back !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This tapas bar is closed to the apartment I stayed, On the first night I come alone and I were lucky enough to find a seat at the bar ! The food were delicious and nicely presented. On the second day I came back with my friend before its afternoon break . The server remember me ! Overall I had a nice experience in this little place. Love it !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aalborg
“Very good tapas and helpful and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very good tapas, even though we were the only ones for an early lunch, the food came quickly and was very nicely tasting. High quality ingredients are used and everything is made from scratch.
The waiter was very good at helping with recommendations both for us and our 3 year old daughter. He was very present and aware of us, even when more costumers arrived.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere