“Wonderful Hotel, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

You added Urban Hotel Madrid to your Saves list
Urban Hotel Madrid
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera de San Jeronimo 34, 28014 Madrid, Spain   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #26 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
“Wonderful Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is perfectly placed in Madrid for a weekend visit. Everything you want to see and do is in walking distance. The staff are very professional and polite. We had a great stay here. The rooms are very modern and very clean. The Glass Bar on the ground floor is expensive but makes for a nice starting point on a night out. It is very popular so get in there early. I would love to go back in the summer when the pool area is open. One word of caution, the breakfast is VERY expensive and not very exciting considering what you could get for much less in Madrid. Solid 4* hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good location, very friendly staff, nice rooms. But I expected more...

The internet wi-fi was only for 24 h before you had to renew it and the speed was, well, not speedy at all.

Very expencive breakfast. Not worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

In the first instance, I want to thank you for expressing us your observations about the services of our Hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us to improve our services continually. I can assure you that we will endeavour to improve matters as quickly as we can.

I would like to inform you that the hotel has cable connection free in all rooms.

We have also a hospitality desk available free of charge for our customers during 24 hours.

Also you have wifi connection free during 90 minutes per day.

I sincerely hope that your next stay at the our hotel will be extremely pleasant, I will personally take care to ensure it.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Antonio Martin
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked to stay 3 nights mid February at the Urban Hotel Madrid. We caught the train from the airport, changing a couple of times before getting of at Sol Station. From here its a short walk to the hotel (8 minutes). The location of the hotel therefore is quite good. Within walking distance of all the sights - Prado Museum, Gran via, Palace etc.

The facade of the hotel is very nice, and very modern. The reception and corridor areas are styled as a upmarket museum with artworks and stuff around the place. Check in was easy and the desk staff were nice. The door staff were never very attentive and always seemed deep in conversation with each other.

The room we had was on level 5. We requested a non smoking room. The room was ok, however the rest of the level smelt awful, very smokey. Almost as if someone was having a barbecue. The room itself was small - very small, with extremely low ceilings. It had a modern style to it, however it was worn, old, and quite tacky. Very dark, and everything was showing its age. The design of the room was also poor, especially the cupboards, its impossible to even explain how impossible it was to open the cupboard doors yet alone store things in there. We skipped on the breakfast as it was ridiculously priced. The location of our room on the street was also EXTREMELY noisy. This didnt bother us so much but many people it would.

The fitness centre - A TOTAL JOKE. A room with a treadmill and a bike in it and that is it.

Internet - another ridiculous aspect of this so called 5 star hotel. Yes it is "free" but it is so slow it takes minutes to load a page, and it also does not allow access to things such as email servers, applications etc. I ended up paying 25 euro for a higher speed connection that would allow me to do basic things. This is not how a 5 star hotel should operate. Ridiculous.

Overall the hotel is an extremely average place. Trying to be cool, but with no idea. It was not particularly cheap, and it rates itself as 5 star. I am not normally so negative, yet this place left such a sour taste in my mouth. Probably because its saying that is is something it clearly isn't.

Avoid - there must be better in Madrid for this price.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all of us at the Hotel Urban, thank you for taking the time to complete the recent Trip Advisor Review. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and we appreciated receiving your feedback.

First of all,. I have shared your comments with the entire team at the Hotel Urban. We have immediately implemented procedures to ensure to improve all the points you mentioned. We are actively pursuing corrective measures so that you will have a better experience, should you give us the chance to earn your future business. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. It is important to us that we use the feedback given to us by our guests as a tool to improve so that we continue to exceed your expectations.

I would also appreciate an opportunity to discuss your stay in additional detail. Please call me directly at your earliest convenience and I look forward to speaking to you so this matter can be settled to your satisfaction. I can also be reached via email as well if that is more convenient.

At Hotel Urban hospitality we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

At your Service,

Antonio Martin
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good location, friendly staff with, very clean room including bath and good services.

Internet wi-fi only for 24 hours and not speed as 5 * hotels.
Room ground needs refurbishment.
Expensive breakfast for £24, you can have a buffet breakfast few minutes away from hotel for just £8.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, February 20, 2013

Yorkshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for 3 nights. The service is brilliant; the staffs are very very helpful. Its a fantastic location as its about 5-10 min walk away from the main town centre. The decor in and around the hotel is dark and dingy but modern and clean. I have rated it as average as it is very very dark in the rooms. The rooms are very small and the bathroom wasn’t spacious either. The room was not big enough to cater for 2 people. Breakfast was overpriced (we had to order from the menu as they didn’t cater for vegetarians in the buffet).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Urban for the second time this past weekend. We loved the location -- walkable to literally everything you might want to see. The best thing, though, is the customer service. For example, I asked the front desk staff to help me reserve a table at a restaurant in town. When they found out that the restaurant had no availability at all that entire weekend, they found an alternative owned by the same chef and got us a table there. Another example: the manager overheard me say something about my husband's birthday and later that evening, we received ice cream and cake and a bottle of champagne! The rooms are clean, comfy, modern and quiet. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, February 13, 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Suprising friendly, Suprising Upgrade, just perfect! We were in Madrid for one Night, therefore the location was also very important. Location is great as well. Breakfast is a little bit high priced but worth it. Even in the Evening there was a great Event in Bar located in the hotel. A very good recommondation for Madrid. Price for Rooms is ok, I've seen much higher Prices for less. Last but not least, there is a nice rooftop bar with pool - enjoy.

Room Tip: very friendly, Breakfast high priced but worth it.