“Perfect City Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Urban Hotel Madrid to your Saves list
Urban Hotel Madrid
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera de San Jeronimo 34, 28014 Madrid, Spain   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #32 of 458 Hotels in Madrid
“Perfect City Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hip designer type hotel is in a perfect location. Service was outstanding and we found the food to be very good also. The only caveat I would have is room size. We stayed in a suite which was not overtly large by suite standards. Could imagine regular rooms could be quite tight.
Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, December 10, 2012

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just returned from a stay at the Hotel Urban, a hip, modern and sophisticated hotel with an unparalleled location in the heart of Madrid. Even more importantly, when my companion was robbed (pickpockets are rampant along the Paseo del Prado!) and lost her passport, credit cards and cash, the hotel staff were incredibly helpful and supportive. This is a boutique hotel where you are truly treated like family and your patronage is valued by everyone you encounter--from the parking attendant to the front desk manager to the bar tenders in the trendy, chic bar, to the restaurant staff. An absolutely wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a Junior Suite. You won't regret the extra Euros!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had some of the best brunch in Madrid and ever: delicious, fresh, champagne, oysters, great value, great service. I would so go there again. Try it our on Sunday from around 11AM. :)

Traveller from London

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night business stay, as it had been recommended by some colleagues and I was not disappointed.

I ended up in a duplex room, which was massive and had a separate living area upstairs. This was very handy, given that the bed area downstairs was not overly spacious.

The wifi was a bit temperamental but the breakfast buffet was very good. The overall service was very good and the central location means that I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, November 26, 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel. An excellent location that makes it very easy to get around in the city. The staff always greets you with a smile, are very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has a very nice decoration, and the rooms are standard sized for modern hotels, ie on the slightly smaller side, but nicely decorated.

The wifi is really the only let down - 90 mins for free and on the slow side.

Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is nicely designed with an Asian touch (Asian/Egyptian art and many incense sticks) and with a great location for sightseeing in Madrid with many attractions and restaurants close by. The room I stayed in (a superior room) was nicely decorated but quite small and slightly worn. The service was good and the hotel has a very nice rooftop terrace. I stayed on the hotel on a business trip to Madrid and for business the hotel, in my personal opinion, is not really up to standard, only 90min free internet and you need to get a new voucher every day, no irons in room or available through rooms service (and no overnight ironing service which puts you in a difficult position if you as I did arrived late in the day), gym consisting of a cross trainer and a training cycle, poor concierge service (I agree these things are minor but when traveling on business you spend so little time in the hotel, and at least I, just want the small thing to work). I would return for a weekend in Madrid but will probably go somewhere else next time I go there on business.

Room Tip: If you think street sounds are annoying I would chose a rooms on a higher floor.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for about 10 days while in town for work. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice as well. I had a duplex with a nice loft. The gym is a bit small but it has what I needed. The only negative comment I have is that the hallways smell of incense and it is a bit too strong of a smell for my liking. Everything else was amazing. The food, the location, the service. Even the doorman at the entrance was super helpful and gave us great suggestions. The location, again, was the best. So close to everything for a first time visitor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Urban Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

The staff is always happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

Assistant Manager

Been to Urban Hotel Madrid? Share your experiences!