“Central location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 457 hotels in Madrid
Manningtree, United Kingdom
“Central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Siete Islas in August and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. My room on the first floor was a good size with a large bathroom with a shower over the bath. The view from the bedroom window was not great but in a city center that is to be expected and because the room did not face the street it was extremely quiet. The road outside the hotel was fine and I felt safe walking around. The breakfast was good with a wide choice of fruit, cereals, and cooked food, although the breakfast room did lack character service was fine. The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke very good English. The only small complaint is with the lighting in the bedroom I found the lights were so dull I had trouble reading even with them all on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sieteislas, Director General at Siete Islas, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear “Penny S”,

Thank you for staying with us and choosing Siete Islas in your recent stay in Madrid.

I am very happy to read your review and I thank you for rating us “very good”. With regards to the lighting in the bedroom, for us, more than a complaint, it is a feedback, since this is the only way to improve and make us stronger. So, I thank you for that!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Kind Regards,

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel is perfectly located in downtown Madrid. Its a solid 3.5 stars... Rooms were clean, comfortable and what you expect from a downtown hotel. Don't worry about the street... Its safe and we never had any problems... its just 1/2 block from the main Gran Via!!!

Front desk were friendly; we stayed twice in a three week period (landed in Madrid, stayed there for 4 nights and then went to other cities, returning for our last night to 7Islas before returning back home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sieteislas, General Manager at Siete Islas, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear “Guillermos99”

Thank you for rating us very good! I am happy to read that you were satisfied with every aspect of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back – hopefully on many more occasions.

Safe travels,

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

(+) The hotel is locatted on a rather shabby street, but you only have to walk about a minute or so to get into the splendid Gran Via. We practically walk to everywhere: to Gran Via, Porta del Sol, Piazza Mayor, Piazza Espagna, Palacio Real and Prado Museum.
The room was big and clean; so was the bathroom.

(-) In the morning (6am) we could hear some drunk people singing in the street. 3 mornings in a row.
The minbar is closed with a key (why?!) and you are given the key only if you intend to buy something.
As this is a 4 stars hotel, some slippers would be wellcommed.

Dear “Dafyda”,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at Siete Islas!

Its great to read that you like our location and the hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the people on the Street. On the other hand, please note that we normally offered the service from the mini bar upon the guest arrival. With regards to the slipper we will certainly take into account your feedback!

I really hope to have the chance to welcoming you back,

In the meantime, regards from warm Madrid!

Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We (husband and 10 y/o daughter) stayed at Siete Islas in Madrid in July 2013, the hotel is nice, quite, good looking lobby, the room was good, clean, spacious, nice big bathroom with nice shower, just no view, the view was to the back wall of the hotel so that was boring, the area at first was scary, a lot of gay couples walking around and lots, lots of prostitutes walking aroud and standing around at all times of the day so that was kind of a throw back, but then we asked around and walk around and realized that this is a very exclusive expensive arey but is mostly a gay community (The Chueca Barrio) and even though there were women prostitutes everywhere is a nice, safe area, you can walk around and if you don't bother the "girls" tey wont bother you, is just a very crazy, liberal city and that is overall Madrid is part of the adventure, we had no problems and we enjoyed our whole stay. Madrid is a beautiful city with beautiful architecture and lots of history. Tha hotel I will recommend.

Room Tip: Madrid is a city that caters for all tastes and inclinations. Whether you're gay, lesbian or bis...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sieteislas, Director General at Siete Islas, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear “Sandruvela”,

I am so pleased that you and your family had a nice stay and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.

As you mentioned, the Hotel is located in one of the city’s chicest neighborhoods populated by the coolest bars, boutiques restaurants and art galleries. I am very happy to hear that you like crazy and cool Madrid!

I really hope to welcoming you back at Siete Islas!

Kind Regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great hotel with very handy location. Friendly recepion staff. Decent rooms and spotless bathrooms. Only quibble, bring a kettle as the rooms have fridges but no tea/coffee facilities. Goood cafes nearby selling cafe cone leche and croissant for 1.80 euro. fantastico.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear “JoeF66X”,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please give us a call or send me a little e-mail (msalcesrosa@hotelsieteislas.com) prior to your next visit and we will be happy to arrange some tea and coffee making facilities in your room.

With all good wishes,

adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is slightly tuck away from the busy Main Street of Madrid.
It's a very nice hotel, really good lay out.

What made my stay here fantastic is the friendly and helpful receptionist Vanessa. I think this was her name, she has a bob hair cut. When you go to a foreign country, my worst fear is not being able to communicate or loss in translation. Vanessa spoken good English. She helped to confirm my tour, recommended me a good restaurant for my one night stay in Madrid, booked a reservation and arrange my taxi. Soooooo helpful she was.

The room was spacious and clean. Really nice here.

I would definitely stay here again.
Other staffs were helpful and friendly too. I mainly dealt with Vanessa.
I am great full to her.

Room Tip: I love my room but If you don't like what you see, ask to change.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear “Alivia T”,

This excellent rating is the highest praise we could ask for. We are truly grateful for your very generous and lovely review and especially the part about the team and in that case Vanessa. We will make sure your comments will be pass onto her.

We really hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in the near future,

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been to Madrid probably 25 times over a 15 year period. I have stayed at everything from hostels to 5 star hotels. There simply is no better value for a hotel with such an excellent and convenient location than SieteIslas. In June of this year, I stayed there for 8 nights. There were two star inconvenient hotels that wanted more than this 4 star establishment. The rooms are great. The bathrooms spacious, modern and very beautiful. We never had a request from the staff that wasn't meet quickly and with charm. The location is two minutes off Gran Via, the major street; but it is separated enough so that you hear none of the noise. Peaceful and quiet. My mattress at home should be so good. With all my experience in Madrid, I doubt that you will find a better deal. Enjoy Madrid.

Room Tip: If you pay in advance you get an additional 15% discount, which is a great deal. However, this is no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Robert S",

Thank you so much for your detailed and generous review.

We are glad you had a wonderful visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards from sunny Madrid!

Monica Salces

Been to Siete Islas? Share your experiences!