this hotel was once a palace. while it is small, it is quite charming with a lot of character. in the USA we would call it a boutique hotel. the staff were super friendly and very courteous, especially Monica and Aida. the rooms were clean, and the ones inside the courtyard were quiet although without a view and seemed larger. the ones facing the streets w/balcony were smaller and a little noisy at times, but not bad. the air conditioning was adequate, but very noisy. all in all, it is a good choice. it is located close to the Plaza Mayor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Moratin hotel, which opened its doors in August 2002, is conveniently situated near the famous Golden Triangle (the Prado Museum, the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum), adjacent to the historic nucleus of the city which includes the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza Mayor. It is only a few metres away from the Plaza Santa Ana, known to be one of the best places for tapas nationwide, and close to the most popular theatres in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Puerta del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Madrid