“Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars

50% off room rate
Ranked #51 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
“Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Amazing hotel all around. The staff were friendly and helpful for whatever we needed.

I was there on our honeymoon and the front desk upgraded us with out even asking to a room with a huge outdoor balcony and large sized room.

We stayed there also for the last day of the trip because that is where our flight left out of and they also upgraded us to a two bedroom suite with a view of the front.

The location of the hotel is spectacular and walking distance to a majority of the sites to see.

In addition, the hotel exchanges money with no commission. They had the best rate out of any money exchange place we found during our trip.

Overall, great hotel and I would recommend staying here to anybody who visits Madrid.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear client,
Thank you very much for your comments about the location, room
and mainly about the attentions and kindness of our staff during your stay.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much your feedback.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let's start with the good. The location is great if you are looking to be close to Sol (city center) and people are not lying when they say they are located 10 steps from the metro. Could not be any closer! They are also next to a Starbucks if you are someone that can't leave that behind when you travel. The internet worked just fine for me and the lobby (bar/restaurant) was nice and seems like it has recently been redone. I was looking for an affordable hotel for my weekend in Madrid and this fit the bill. My room(s) also had AC. Not super strong, but you won't melt here either.

Now on to the not so good. The hotel is currently under construction and seems to be about half done. From the rooms I was in I couldn't hear it, but there is a definite "before and after" feeling happening in the hotel in regards to the looks. I checked into my room and was given a free breakfast add (I think that's b/c they thought I was going to be 2 ppl and was not) and then was given my key. I made it to my room and was not impressed. The room I was given was not much bigger than a dorm room (with a smaller bed) with the bathroom being around the same size. That's fine, it's Europe and I don't expect US sizes, but it was also old European style with no light. It did have a window, but it only opened up to the inner duct working of the hotel and no light ever coming into your room. Ever. The TV was small and located in an odd spot (much like college) and had about 5 channels, three of them sketchy, one fuzzy and CNN. Given all this I had to switch rooms. I asked about a new room right away, they couldn't switch me right then, but were able to accommodate me the next day. The next room was fine, no big "wow's", but a full TV with normal channels, regular size bed, etc. I have no idea where all these rooms with views are that people have talked about are-- I never saw them. Every room I saw ( I peaked in a few) were all the older style and dark. From what I can tell only the lobby/main areas have been updated. The staff was fine, not overly warm, but I can't really speak any Spanish. Maybe if I could it would have been better, but that's on me, not them.

Room Tip: Try if you can to not get an inside room and do NOT stay in room #16.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear client,
We are glad that the location was to your liking.
We are working to improve and ensure that our clientes have a
pleasant stay and excellent service.
We hope to welcome you again on your return to Madrid and check
to see that we have improved.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic for a short break in Madrid. A short walk from playa de sol and shops and restaurants. Perfect for picking up tourist bus tours. Lovely hotel although half still being refurbished so worth asking for a new room. We were allocated an interior room with no natural window but we soon upgraded to a room with small balconies for little extra cost and staff were only too happy to help. Good breakfast and also had lovely evening meal in the hotel restaurant on our first night.staff on all levels were very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished room with window/balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear clients,
We thank you very much for the description of your experience in our
hotel. Your feedback about location, breakfast and treatment is the
best incentive, not only for the management, but also for the hotel staff:
our most important purpose is making of your stay an unforgettable
experience.
Let´s hope to welcome you again,kind regards
Miajadas, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My father and I stayed here for a weekend and I was so looking forward to a nice stay. We were placed in an interior room looking into the ventilation system of the building and had no natural light... I kindly asked to get another room and they made no effort to accommodate us. All the staff that I interacted with at the front desk and the bar were extremely rude. Really put a damper on our weekend.

Room Tip: Don't get an interior room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear clients,
Firstly thank you for your time.
I am very sorry for any inconvenience.
We note your comments for improvement.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid
and check to see that we have improved.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and could not have asked for a better location. The hotel could not locate our booking through Hotelclub but soon had us checked in to an available room. Unfortunately the room was on a lower level facing the street where there was street noise and construction so I would recommend requesting a higher floor.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Customer,
We are glad that the location of the hotel was to your liking.
We are working to improve and ensure that our customers have a pleasant stay.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid.
Best regards
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

got there early evening , dumped bags and headed out. Great central location next to metro,staff friendly enough when approached, the porter was very helpful with helping with our luggage. Great breakfast in the morning,Hotel kept our cases all day for us while we were touring the city. Headed off to Porto the following day, then to the douro valley for 10 days , Afterwards heading home via 2 day stay in Lisbon

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear client,
First of all thank you for your feedback; your opinion is very important .
It,s nice to know that you were so pleased with the steaff and location of our hotel.
Hopefully you,ll chose again our property in your next visit.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel Regina was our return hotel to Madrid after 41 yrs and it provided an ideal location in central Madrid, close to Puerto del sol, walking distance to Prado and other parks, many excellent restaurants and shopping in the area. The hotel front desk was very helpful and buffet breakfast options were excellent and cost effective. The rooms were clean with good beds and furniture. Would recommend that you check the rooms however as some of them have bathrooms with no doors. Overall a very good experience and great location

Room Tip: good rooms but check before accepting room to make sure bathroom has a door for privacy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear client,
Thank you very much for your comments about the location, cleanliness,
breakfast and mainly about the attentions and kindness of our staff
during your stay.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we take note of your recommendations.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Madrid.
Director

Been to Hotel Regina? Share your experiences!