“Great piaya and wine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Antonita

La Antonita
Cava Baja 14, 28005 Madrid, Spain (La Latina)
34 91 119 14 24
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Antonita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 7,162 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Tapas, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Stuttgart, Germany
“Great piaya and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

What a great Spanish Thanksgiving dinner my wife and I had. Started with a free tapas, then a great big dish of piaya, followed by an awesome dessert. Great place for couples or larger parties. Very friendly and courteous service and the wine selection is very robust.

Visited November 2013
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Antonita, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining for Thanksgiving at La Antoñita and that you enjoy our food.

Thank you for dining at the restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Our customer feedback has always been pivotal in making our future customer experience better. We will pass on the comments to our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again when you do return to Madrid

Best Regards,

Amparo VAno

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely DISGUSTED. NEVER Again!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I recently reviewed this restaurant in September after discovering it in June 2013 (and after visiting multiple times since then). So, La Antoñita was my favorite place for fancy and delicious tapas. It´s not cheap but I used to think it was worth it – (amazing food, good ambience, great service). I am originally from London but for the next year, I am living and working in Madrid. Therefore when friends and family come to visit, La Antoñita is where I take my loved ones to impress them and give them a good meal!!!

So, after visiting this restaurant FIVE times in the last FIVE months, I decided to take one of my best friends there on Saturday night for dinner on their terraza/coralla, I booked for 9pm – we got there at around 8.50pm. We were then seated; restaurant was still dead as the Spanish don´t usually go out to eat that early!

We ordered two glasses of wine and bread to start – both good. As we had a late lunch, we decided to just order the patatas bravas, ham croquettes and the ribs as I have had these dishes multiple times here and have loved them each time!

Our patatas bravas came, you could tell they had been rushed as they were literally just fried and thrown into the box. – not crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just fried. Next came our croquettes – HUGE disappointment, in fact I do not even know HOW these were allowed to be sent out the kitchen! They literally looked like someone had eaten them and then thrown them back up! I´m pretty sure croquettes are meant to be fried and crispy on the outside, these were soggy and broken. Nevertheless, I gave them the benefit of the doubt by eating them and not complaining even though they were cold in the middle, just YUCK!
Now for the huge disappointment, the Mango Ribs! These are usually so tasty! Well cooked, meat falls off the bone, full of flavor type thing. The ones we were served on Saturday looked like they had been boiled, were raw pink on the inside with lots of veins and spots of blood. Tasted disgusting. Bearing in mind these were 15euros for a small slab of mini ribs, at this point I did decide to send these back.

The waitress took them back to the kitchen and asked if we wanted something else, by this point my friend and I were just fed up! We did however (and I don’t know why we did this), order another portion of patatas bravas (I think because we felt like we actually had to order something else). These came, we barely touched them.

What really annoyed me was that I looked around at everyone else´s food and it looked nothing like what we had been served. For the rest of the night, we were stared at by members of staff and given DIRTY LOOKS. My friend and I felt very uncomfortable so we decided to ask for the bill. The waitress actually had the audacity to ask us if we wanted dessert. Erm, no thanks.

Our bill came to 28euros, you´re thinking not bad for dinner?- I wish, we paid that for two small glasses of wine, bread, a bottle of water, TWO mushy croquettes and potatoes. Such a shame.
Even though the food was awful, I was willing to give La Antoñita ANOTHER chance but the rude staff has put me off ever returning here not to mention that it is utterly embarrassing when you take a friend who is only visiting Madrid for the weekend to a terrible restaurant!

I think it is safe to say that La Antoñita have lost a very loyal and valuable customer (pleas bear in mind that when I have visited here in the past, I tend to have cocktails, dinner, dessert and coffee and my bill tips over the 80euro mark for just TWO people).

Do I recommend you go here? NO. – My last words to this restaurant, YOUR LOSS Antoñita.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Antonita, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Flora
First of all thanks for taking your time and explain your experience at La Antoñita.
I am glad that you repeated here because you had really good experiences at our restaurant
Our customer feedback has always been pivotal in making our future customer experience better. Our team and I would like to apologize for your experience at La Antoñita, we were shocked about your comments because this is not our philosophy. We passed on your comments to all the staff. We do not want this to happen again.
We are so sad that your experience was not at our standards so I would like to invite you to La Antoñita and give us another chance to make you enjoy our restaurant, our food and our staff, Please when make a reservation you can contact directly with me amparo.vano@singularhotels.com
I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do contact me
Best Regards
Amparo Vano
Manila, Philippines
“Interesting tapas served here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were hungry so we settled for tapas. The kitchen in this place starts serving dinner food after 8pm. The tapas were different from the usual chorizos and jamon. We had empanada bonito, which turned out to be tasty tuna in a crust. The rabo de toro was not a stew but a crispy roll stuffed with the famous dish. For dessert, we followed the waiter's suggestion. It was like the French millefeull pastry but layered with lavender cream. The other dessert had a most unusual presentation . It looked like a baron soap complete with foam. It was actually a white chocolate concoction. This was given free since it arrived so late.
We liked the food a lot but service was slow. But the waiters did seem to be charming and knew how to sell their food, encouraging us to try their desserts. We may go back there tonight for the dinner food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Antonita, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at La Antoñita and that you enjoy our food.

We look forward to seeing you again when you do return to Madrid

Best Regards,

Amparo VAno
Vaasa, Finland
“Good food, service could be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were looking for a tapas place for the evening and decided to check out the menus of a couple of places located at Cava Baja. We chose La Antonita based on their tapas menu. We sat down and ordered some wine. When we got the menu (which I was gonna use just to point out to the waitress what I wanted) I was rather disappointed, many of the tapas choices presented on the list outside the restaurant, were not on the menu now. I probably wouldn't have minded, except that all the options that didn't include meat, seemed to have disappeared, leaving me with only one or two options. The waitress seemed to seance our disappointment and started giving me recommendations that were not from the tapas menu. I ended up with some grilled tuna, which was delicious I must admit. My boyfriend chose some fried potatoes with eggs and Spanish ham and then some ribs and he was very pleased with his choice as well. The waitress was very helpful while we were choosing our food, but after the food was delivered, they seemed to lose interest in us, it was almost impossible to get any waitresses attention to order some more wine or water not to mention asking for the check. When we finally got our check I was a bit surprised that we had been charged for bread we never asked for, but I guess this is rather normal in many restaurants in Madrid. Prices are a bit higher than the average in Madrid, but nothing too bad. As the food was very delicious and it was prepared in an open kitchen, I can recommend this place for a nice dinner in Madrid.

Visited October 2013
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Antonita, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Linda
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience following your visit at La Antoñita
I was so glad to read that you loved the food.
Regarding the staff , our main objective is to please our clients, and we work on this everyday, I shall ensure that all of your comments are passed on to the team and make sure all guests have an exquisite attention.

Please do come again soon

My best regards and renewed thanks,
Amparo Vano
Pune, India
“Great Tapas bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I came down to this place with colleagues as part of a Tapas tour. We could see the food being cooked right in front of us which added to the fun. The place felt a little crowded though. Nevertheless the food was tatsy and was served by very polite staff. Nice place at a great location.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La A, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Antonita, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
thank you very much, we're glad you enjoyed our restaurant and our food. We encourage you to come to dinner with us because you were sure some interesting dishes to try.
Greetings from The Antoñita