“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013 with a friend. Room and bathroom were very small but comfortable and clean and also very cute (loved our tiny balcony). Staff at the front desk was very helpful. Because of it's locations, it can be quite loud at night. Good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Hostal was located just a blocks walk from the Puerto Del Sol, and in between two Metro Stops, and 20 minute Taxi Ride from the main train station and about 30miuntes from Barajas Airport (via private shuttle). The location was very convenient as we were able to walk to most sites in historic Madrid or easily take the Metro; lots of Restaurants/Shops/Markets surround this neighborhood. The Hostal itself was clean, bright and quiet, helpful staff, we had a 3 person room and it accommodated us well, overall basic and comparable to our budget (mid-low range).
I would stay at the Hostal Adriano again when in Madrid, its a good value for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3 person room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Evora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hostal Adriano has great facilities, everything that we needed for a luxurious stay. Property is really beautifully designed and wonderfully constructed. Décor was different and I liked it. We booked three rooms and all were superb. Washroom provided in the room was beautifully appointed with needed things. All the guys here are very friendly and polite. They were always ready to give their suggestions. All meals were perfect, but breakfast was awesome. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed 5 nighst with daughter. The hostel is small (which I prefer), cozy, brightful, so clean. The attention is excellent, personnel is always willing to help with suggestions, credit card issues, recommendations. Close to everything to be seen in Madrid. I will totally return to this hostel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newark, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room is bright, clean, and nice. We had a cute tiny balcony. The location was fantastic. You couldn't get any more central. We were a block away from puerta del sol.

Pros:
-Location is great
-staff were friendly
-Room is comfortable and very attractive

Cons:
As I gave it 4 stars, I really don't have many cons, but there were a few:
-The shower/bathroom wasn't great. The water went from hot to cold and it was very noisy to run the water (some loud noise goes off every 20 seconds or so when water is running).
-It is next to a bar/club so late at night I could hear the music/bass. We put the air conditioning on and I used earplugs so this wasn't a big deal.
-The TV has very few channels that work. As we didn't come to Spain to watch TV, we didn't really care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hostal Adriano before and after my participation in Pueblo Ingles/Diverbo, for a total of four nights. Although the bedrooms and bathrooms are small, they are certainly adequate and bright and cheerful. Other hostals and businesses are in the same building, but I did not check them out. The manager was very helpful to me by email before the trip, and in person once there. A staff member loaned me his converter. I had a special rate, I think, because of my involvement with Pueblo Ingles, paying 55 euros per night. I heard from other participants they were paying less at some other hostals in the center but I would stay at the Hostal Adriano again based 0n my experience there. Wi Fi did not work in my room but did in the lobby. The hotel also has a computer you may use. All of the staff I encountered spoke English. Security was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed 4 nights with my girlfriend. Very central location, a few blocks from plaza Santa Ana, Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor. It was very nice to stay there as we could walk to every touristic attraction with no great effort. We stayed in the last room of the Hostal. It was very very clean, and the bed linen was changed after two days. We had our own safe and minibar, so we could store some food for a budget breakfast. Unfortunately, the Wi-fi there did not work so great (I guess because our room was the most distant from the reception desk) and we had to stand near the door to get just some of it.
Service was ok. In fact, we were a little upset with the following of our reservation. We booked them using booking.com. They sent us a standard email with directions (helpful) and we arrived there at night. The guy in the reception lead us to our room. We asked for a double room in the reservation, as we are a couple, but when we arrived, we got twin beds. That's not nice for any couple i guess. We asked if it was possible to change, and he said that for that night they were full but instructed us to check with the desk again early in the day after. We did, and in the next morning this other guy told us, that we did NOT specified that we wanted a double room in our reservation, and because of that they were OBLIGED to give us a twin room. And now there was nothing they could do. He said we should have warned them before, because, you know, we've could have been brothers or sisters and not a couple. Now, as he said that, i could clearly see by their desk the sheet of our reservation. That sheet stated something like: PREFERENCE FOR A DOUBLE ROOM. So that's it. We didn't say anything or pursued that as we don't like conflict or discussion. But, you know, some HONESTY would really have been well apreciated. They could still not give us the double room but say "hey, we messed up, sorry". That would not have been a problem. Instead, they pinned on us. Wasn't nice.
So, if you're a couple make SURE you send them an other email with capslock stating you want your double room! This way you'll get it.

All in all, very good budget choice for Madrid. It is difficult to get nice accomodations like that for this price. Would come back.

Room Tip: If you are a couple state your preference for a double (not twin) room in a separate email. Also, t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Adriano? Share your experiences!