“More Than I Expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Madrid Centro Las Ventas

You added ibis Madrid Centro Las Ventas to your Saves list
ibis Madrid Centro Las Ventas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C Julio Camba 1 Esq Alcala, 28028 Madrid, Spain (Salamanca)   |
Special Offer
Fancy winter in the sun?
Ranked #53 of 458 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“More Than I Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

So this is a budget hotel, nothing particularly opulent to indulge in, but for the (crazy cheap) price it was much nicer than I anticipated. A friend and I stayed in a room together and there was plenty of space for us each to have our own area to keep suitcases and souvenirs. The bathroom was the best part- private and spacious. I heard horror stories of shared floor restrooms while I was researching hotels and made sure to steer clear of that, but beyond having a private facility I didn't expect much. To my delight there was an enclosed shower, toilet, and freestanding sink all in a separate room adjoining to the bedroom area. Everything was clean and regularly replaced if needed. The front desk was helpful, informative, and friendly. I am generally a low maintenance kind of person, but even for those who want more comfort in a hotel experience this would be a good option, and the price certainly helps. The Ventas metro station is no more than a 90 second walk from the front door, and that includes waiting for traffic to cross the street. I would stay here again if I ever go back to Madrid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Horsens, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here a cupola a years ago when the hotel just had opened. They still excel in value-for-money and good service.
I had ordered three rooms with balcony for me and my colleagues. When we arrived there was only two rooms with balcony. These I gave to my colleagues, and I got a suite, which is a fairly large room compared to the rooms with balcony (almost double the size), including a sitting arrangement and a small sofa.
The rooms with balcony have an excellent view over the bull-fightig arena and part of the city, but they are small. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the sleep quality is excellent.
I got a good rate including breakfast for all of us, and the breakfast is good, fresh and plentiful.
The service is warm and welcoming, and always helpful.
A nice touch would though be, if it was possible to have a small refrigerator in the room, so you could keep a few items cold.
The only minus was the free wifi, which did not work very good. The link was often broken and I had to log in again. Every device has to have its own log-in, which furthermore is cleared every time. I had to drop getting my emails with the wifi and used my mobile as hotspot to get my mails.
That aside this is really a good place. A metro station just opposite the street and a lot of good shops and restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Genoa, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, bit bigger than usual ibis hotel rooms with good beds. Bathroom was ok. Close to metro which was great for exploring the city. Staff was friendly. Liked the hotel, liked the location. Recomended.

• Stayed October 2013
Bogotá
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very We'll located and the prices are pretty good. Clean and with good service. Pretty modern, comfortable and you receive good service from the staff.
There is a metro station just crossing the street or can walk to Callao or Chueca.
There is breakfast service for 5 euros, buffet style.
This hotel is a good deal either if your are traveling alone or with friends and family.
There is free wifi and if you need to print something they do it for free.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Flat Rock, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel is located across the street from the Bull Ring. Great if that is your destination but it is outside of walkable distance from the city center. A metro stop/bus stop is located there so it is easy to get into the city center. Hotel itself is clean and efficiently run, as are all IBIS. During our stay the A/C was out so the rooms were rather warm even though it was October. The desk staff does try to be helpful. Our room was a nice size, especially for an IBIS, but the view was of a brick wall. Breakfast is continental, cold food, and mostly carbohydrates. No restaurant onsite. There is a grocery/convenience store right next door which was very handy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

You need to know that here are two Ibis Centro,,,,, one at Bilbao, the other at Las Ventas, We made the mistake of interpreting our booking as the one at Bilbao, Needed a second journey,

Service: Staff at Las Ventas were more polite than at Barcelona, also more knowledgeable and helpful.

Value: We got it at a low price, Euro50 per night, 56 for Fri and Sat. It was a bargain as they jackd up the price fo Euro75 on Saturday night ! So book ahead,

Sleep quality: Same arrangement as in Barelona, one is a converted sofa bed, the other a double bed. Both comfortable and slept well Window is sound proof, so shutting it blocks off the sound from the streets below.

Cleanliness: Very clean.

Location: While I mention that it is not centro, it is 50m from the Las Ventas staion with good links to Plaza Sol, Atocha station etc. Quite a easy ride with the single journey fare so it's as cheap as staying one stop away since the subway charges single fare for most journeys, Supercor and spar supermarket next door to the entrance, good food outlets nearby, Very convenient. I mentioned the Ibis Centro at Bilbao, nearer but still a train ride away from Sol etc. So it's about the same inconvenience and Centro at Bilbao charges Euro40 more than the Las Ventas, so you decide,

Rooms: Seemed larger than the one at Barcelona, had room for suitcase on the floor, Comfortable beds, bathroom etc.

We didn't try the restaurant as surrounding area had good taverns, tapas and restaurans for food,

Room Tip: Get tips on where to eat, buy the 10ticket journey card to take subways,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights here at the end of our Spanish holiday. Very helpful staff with good English, secure car parking, and very close to the Metro. Good view of the Bullring from our room, which was bigger than we had expected. Very comfy bed, very clean bathroom, and they even provided shower gel and a hairdryer. Wifi connection was great, and we found it an ideal base to explore the city. Plenty of places to eat nearby as well. We're thinking of going back to Madrid, and this will definitely be our first choice of hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ibis Madrid Centro Las Ventas? Share your experiences!