“wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posada del Dragon (Madrid)

You added Posada del Dragon (Madrid) to your Saves list
Posada del Dragon (Madrid)
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cava Baja 14, 28005 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #32 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
Onchan
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Dragon for 3 nights in August, I had got the dates wrong, but this was not a problem for the staff. We loved the room and the view from the room.Great restaurant and bar...we went out all day but it was a lovely place to come back to, the vibe is great, locals coming in for drinks and tapa.Even if you do not stay in the hotel go there for the food, it is delicious!! The staff are wonderful, could not be more helpful and charming, I will definately be returning and would recomend it to anyone, in fact have been telling all my friends, if you go to Madrid you MUST stay at the Dragon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at Posada del Dragon (Madrid), responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Debbie

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at La Posada del Dragón.

I was delighted that you liked our food, staff and atmosphere.
As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

My kindest regards,
Amparo VAno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a cute, charming hotel in the heart of Madrid's culinary hotbed. It is extremely affordable (I paid less than $100 a night during August 2013) and the rooms are modern with a very elegant and classic touch. The restaurant downstairs is also very good and perfect if you arrive to Madrid or find yourself hungry during siesta (3-6 p.m.) You might lose some sleep if you have a room with a balcony facing Cava Baja since that street typically stays up until midnight but with the shudders and windows closed, it made no difference on our end. I would highly recommend this hotel and advise that you book as soon as you know your dates in Madrid, since there are some extremely good discounts if you book a few months in advance.

Dear Nmider

We really appreciate a lot your positive comments about La Posada del Dragon.
Thanks for highlighting our central Location,
So glad you had a good stay and would like to see you again soon.

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call us directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Best regards,

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night, and we totally enjoyed the location, cleanliness, attention, service, details. The only thing I regreted was not staying longer. I don't see why any tourist should not pick this hotel every time.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at La Posada del Dragon
and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us.

It is so good to know that you found the hotel faultless and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to Madrid and we invite you to stay longer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you are coming to Madrid

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I think the rooms are comfortable if you want to sleep but not if you like to linger and pace up and down whilst trying to reach a number on the mobile. Having looked at Google Street view I was apprehensive of the neighbourhood. But then I noted the view was from 2006 and clearly the hotel was created maybe two years back and it all worked well. The correct street view picture is attached. Think the main + was the comfort of the bed whilst a minus at least in my room was fitting into the shower - achieved but not easy. Staff are great and good to be able to have a bite to eat as well as a drink in comfortable surroundings. Hotel is well located for the famous Cava Baja bars and eateries so not far to go for alternatives. Up the road at the top is the San Mig market which has variety of bites and next door to Plaza Mayor. So well placed in this part of the city. Not adjacent to public transport so expect a walk from SOL or TIRSA and some buses. Being a popular street there are usually taxis available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at LA Posada del Dragon Hotel

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly. I will certainly pass your comments on to them, And that you appreciated as well our good location.

Warmest regards,
Sheffield England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Lovely little boutique hotel which I would totally recommend. The rooms are well designed and whilst not large they are big enough. The plus points are the stylish decor, clever use of space and exceptional staff. I can not recall more welcoming and friendly staff in any hotel, restaurant or bar -and this establishment is all of those things. We had a balcony room so I cannot comment on the 'internal' rooms but our room (301) was lovely and being on a high floor had a great view over the rooftops of the old quarter. Everything was in good working order and the shower was powerful with plenty of hot water. Yes there was a simple obscure glazed screen door rather than a solid door into a separate room - but in my view it was well designed and there was no problem in terms of privacy with either the shower stall or lavatory. I probably should say it was quite noisy at night as the street is very lively and on the main 'Tapas Route'. We are not light sleepers and having a high floor helped with noise reduction. Unless you're a bad sleeper I'd not let it put you off as it's a great vibe.
We were a bit phased at the choices of tapas bars on the street on our first night, and also surprised at how busy everywhere was at a quite late 10pm. So as we'd had a tiring day travelling we strolled back to Posada Del Dragron Tapas bar and were quickly found a table outside. It's casual dinning as with all Tapas eateries but the food was very good and we half considered eating there a second time during our stay. There are too many places to choose from however so that idea did not pan out on this trip. No fault of the food or wait staff however.
Loved it and we will be back- as we loved Madrid as well!

Room Tip: A high floor will experience less noise and I'd say always go for a balcony. Room 301 was lovel...
Dear Guest ,

Warmest regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is just around the corner from the Latina (Line 5) metro stop and easy to find. It is centrally located near tons of museums and other city sites.
When I first walked up I wasn't sure if I had the right place as it is also a restaurant. When we checked in the manager offered us a glass of wine and showed us the restaurant menu as it was late and we were obviously hungry. Before even heading up to the room we decided to have dinner. The food was really nice, overpriced, but yummy nonetheless. After dinner we were told that our bags had been brought up to the room and we could just head up. The place was bustling with a nice vibe so we decided to head out front and have another drink before heading to bed. All of the staff was unbelievably nice, especially the manager who went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and happy.
The room was great! Genuinely shocked at the cleanliness and cool design for the price we paid. The only two downsides: no windows in the bedroom and no mirror other than the vanity one over the bathroom sink. The bed was very comfortable and the design and lighting of the room was really cool. The shower was perfect and even the bath gel & lotion smelled nice!
We check out the next morning and found a taxi to the airport just around the corner.
I would absolutely recommend this cool boutique hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, inexpensive place to stay. It exceeded all of my expectations and I look forward to visiting Madrid again and staying there longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, it will be quieter.
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at la Posada del Dragon

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us. I am also pleased that you found the staff attentive. Regarding the mirrow on the room, we are installing new mirrows in all hotel rooms so next time you will find it in the room.

We hope to welcome you back soon

With warmest wishes,

Reggio Emilia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed here for one night after finding it on Booking. The entrance is shared with the restaurant owned by the sams guys. The room are small but extremely well organized and they made an excellent job managing the space. The position of the hotel is excellent to go out for dinner. I also tried the restaurant of the hotel and they are definetly worth a try. A small pearl in Madrid

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at La posada del Dragon I was delighted that you enjoyed the stay and you
enjoyed the location, the food ant the hotel.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you soon.

My kindest regards,
Amparo Vaño

Been to Posada del Dragon (Madrid)? Share your experiences!