“expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of la Taperia del Prado

la Taperia del Prado
Paseo Prado, 22, 28014 Madrid, Spain (Paseo del Prado)
914 294 094
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,900 of 7,173 Restaurants in Madrid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paseo del Prado
Description: La Taperia ,located in the heart of the Madrid Art District, offer nice breakfasts,menus ,drinks and a selection of new spanish tapas.You can taste them in the main and luminous bar room,in the restaurant downstairs or in the wonderful terrace just in front of Prado Museum.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1,020 reviews 1,020 reviews
“expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stopped here our first evening in Madrid, as it was very convenient to the hotel. Right across from the Prado, we should have realized that it was probably touristy--which it was. Service was barely fair, and the food though tasty was exorbitantly expensive. We needed to order several pricey plates to make the most of a meal. Five-star atmosphere eating outside, but we found much better places during our remaining time in Madrid.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We came out of the Prado into pouring rain....ran into Taperia and are glad we did.
Tapas of seta on flatbread, jamon on delicious bread and pork with caramelized onions. Waiters were friendly and service great. 4 beers and 4 tapas (we ordered another tapa de setas it was that good) 29€. Delicious and reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malaga, Spain
“DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I only wish I had had lap top with me and read the reviews, I sat out on the terrace only to told that I need to sit inside to have the Menu del Dia.
I can only say the reason being they did not want anyone to see what they called food, it was disgusting I think if I offered it to my cat he would sniff it and walk away.
The male staff were to busy making remarks to any young female walking by, I have to say the female member of staff was pleasant and attentive.
But the final straw was when I paid she short changed me of €5, I waited for the staff to stop talking and gave my bill back, no questions asked... €5 returned, and no tip left.
You have been warned

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Not London
“The worst food I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just stay away. There are 3 other restaurants in the same square. Just don't...

The entire garden salad was out of a canandthesangria was mostly sprite. The service was non existent and the value for money was terrible.

Visited August 2012
Cambridge MA
“Pricey but a nice patio.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just stopped in for a glass of wine to recover from museum fatigue. Agree with the reviews that the patio is lovely but the wine was pricey.

• Visited July 2012