“HRC hotel - a nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

HRC Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Angel, 18, 28005 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #72 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
London, United Kingdom
“HRC hotel - a nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel from 22/ 08/2012 for 4 night. So what I am going to say here is a real updated one.

The hotel located in a nice quiet area although it is not very far from the main arractions. The bathroom is big and clean, plenty of hot water whenever you want to take shower. It says free WI-FI everywhere in the hotel but since our room is in the corner at first first, hence the singal in the room was very weak. I need to go to the corridor or the lobby to get internet connection. But it didn't bother me at all as you don't sit in your room to explore the internet all day long while you are on holiday.

Only 5-10 minutes walk to Royal Palace, My partner and I walked to Gran Via (the heart of city center)almost everyday. If you wanted to go to Plaza de Toros (Bullring arena) take the red metro from Opera to Ventos(its the easiest way you don't need to change). You will see the Plaza when you come out from the metro.

We bought 10 trips mentro tickets at airport for Euro 18 for two. Actually we didn't finish it because we walked to everywhere.

There is a club on the groudfloor. I was worried the noise when I read some reviews here. To be honest I didn't hear anything but my partner told me he couldn't sleep well only for one night because of the noise. But overall he is happy for his stay too.

We would recommend this hotel for everyone because it is in good location, nice friendly staff, free WI-FI., big bathroom, etc etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Director_HRC, Director General at HRC Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear guest.

First of all thank you for your comments, it is the best way to learn about the experiences of our guests during your stay in Madrid.

We try always to do our best. It was an honour for our staff to help you with the credit card issues you could have in Spain.

We hope you enjoyed the surroundings of the hotel. La Latina is the best place of Madrid to appreciate the quality of the tapas that are served in this city.

We stay in your entire disposal and hope that you will return to visit us in another time, meanwhile we are working in achieving our goal that is that our guests enjoy their stay along in our hotel.

We hope to see you soon once again at HRC hotel in Madrid.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is located not far from the center - just few minutes from Royal palace and Calle Mayor. We had nice cathedral view from our 3rd floor.
Bathroom is clean, room is not very big, but cosy. We had heard some noise from other rooms but it hadn't disturbed us.
Wi-Fi is free and mini-bar is also free (while booking via hotel website)
The price was reasonable, so we were satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We choose this hotel because of the location and we were quite pleased with it - walking distance to museums and very close to the Calle de la Cava Baja and good tapas - but the decor in the rooms were strangely quirky and it was quite loud The cafeteria on the first floor is not too bad though and the people who run it are very kind. Secure parking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

HRC Hotel was a good value for a short stay in Madrid. The hotel staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and it was a short walk to the Royal Palace, Plaza Mayor, and the charming, tapas-bar-filled streets of the La Latina neighborhood. We heard weekend partyers' late-night singing a few times, but nothing too disruptive. For those with a car: there was parking available (for 20 Euro/day), but the garage entrance ramp and the parking space itself were so tiny we couldn't use it and ended up having to pay 28 Euro/day for the public garage a few blocks away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I selected this hotel to be within walking distance of the palace and it was. Not only was it close but it was a straight route - 20 min. It was also within walking distance of the city centre - Puerta del Sol. The hotel so well situated was obviously not new, but was nicely renovated recently. The embroidered towels were as nice as what you would find in a five star hotel. The room was tiny - but recently refurbished. The place was very secure. You need to ring the door bell to enter, even during the day. They tried to sell me a continental breakfast for 12 euros. Obviously a tourist trap. I did have my breaksfast in the hotel "cafeteria" - which I would translate more to snack bar. A coffee and a ham and cheese croissant costed 5 euros "a la carte". I would recommend the place for its location - the staff was friendly - spoke good english - and it was extremely clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I just booked through Booking.com. I selected this hotel because trip advisor said it has free parking. I noticed on my receipt that the hotel charges E 20 per day for parking. Booking.com would not let me cancel the reservation even though i omnly made it 2 minutes before i called.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Director_HRC, Director General at HRC Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear RobfromVA,

Firstly I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We have now finally been able to correct the information on our Tripadvisor entry.

In addition I hope that you have received the cancellation confirmation from Booking.com for which we waived the cancellation fee as soon as we were informed of your situation.

I hope that wherever you stay in Madrid you enjoy your stay in our lovely city.

Regards
Matosinhos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a simple hotel well located near the tourist atractions in Madrid. The rooms are small but confortable.
You have metro station near the hotel and you can reach the plaza mayor in a 10 minute walking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to HRC Hotel? Share your experiences!