You'll hardly regret staying here. Location is excellent, service is really good, common areas have a classic, luxurious look, they offer the Intercontinental standard you'd expect in any major city... I have to mention club access adds a lot to the stay - being able to check-in and out quickly, have breakfast, snacks and other facilities really makes a difference.
But when it comes to the room, I was a bit disappointed. I was given a Jr Suite, with a weird floor plan that didn't take much advantage of it's space. Furniture looks worn-out and the decor is more on the heavy, traditional side - very comfortable though. Bathroom is very spacious and looks like it's been remodeled recently.
For it's regular rates, still the best value amongst all 5* in the city. Worth it!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 18th-century palace was the inspiration for this emblematic hotel in Madrid, situated on one of the city's most famed thoroughfares. Culinary delights include El Jardin with an exquisite menu overseen by renowned head chef José Luque. Bar 49 serves fine local wines and the city’s signature tapas. Ideally located in the cultural and business district, the hotel is minutes from the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Real Madrid Museum and elegant Serrano shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.