My girlfriend and I recently stayed here for the Madrid Marathon weekend. Having found a great deal on the internet, we were excited about staying in this 5 star hotel. Having arrived we can see why there was such a good deal- really this is a business hotel which presumably empties on the weekend. While it was very pleasant, it had the look and feel of a business hotel which is therefore not ideal for couples. The room was okay but relatively small.
Location wise, it is possible to walk to the centre but it takes a good 20-40 minutes so we mainly used taxis to get around. The staff were pleasant but by no means went out of their way to provide exceptional service.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 18th-century palace was the inspiration for this emblematic hotel in Madrid, situated on one of the city's most famed thoroughfares. Culinary delights include El Jardin with an exquisite menu overseen by renowned head chef José Luque. Bar 49 serves fine local wines and the city’s signature tapas. Ideally located in the cultural and business district, the hotel is minutes from the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Real Madrid Museum and elegant Serrano shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.