This hotel has all the things you'd expect from Intercontinental - opulent decor, helpful concierge, generous-sized rooms and a plentiful breakfast buffet. But unfortunately, it is a fair distance from the Old Town which I hadn't appreciated when I booked (probably my oversight!) It's in a great spot for the lovely Serrano shopping street, which is a pleasant walk down to the Retiro park. But at night, taxi fares to get us back from the La Latina area - where most of the restaurants and night life is - added up.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 18th-century palace was the inspiration for this emblematic hotel in Madrid, situated on one of the city's most famed thoroughfares. Culinary delights include El Jardin with an exquisite menu overseen by renowned head chef José Luque. Bar 49 serves fine local wines and the city’s signature tapas. Ideally located in the cultural and business district, the hotel is minutes from the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Real Madrid Museum and elegant Serrano shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.