This is my first trip to Madrid and first stay at the Intercontinental Madrid. The hotel is good generally and good location but the hotel does need a revamp. Boasts old furniture. Booked an executive room and was offered an upgrade to an "executive room". I don't know how they worked that one out. Was upgraded to a suite for the misunderstanding. Average to say the least. Very dull room. Not much choice for snacks at the club lounge. Mediocre compared to other intercontinental hotels I stayed i such as London, Moscow, Dubai, Cyprus and Italy. In any case cannot compare to other hotels in Madrid, never stayed in any.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 18th-century palace was the inspiration for this emblematic hotel in Madrid, situated on one of the city's most famed thoroughfares. Culinary delights include El Jardin with an exquisite menu overseen by renowned head chef José Luque. Bar 49 serves fine local wines and the city’s signature tapas. Ideally located in the cultural and business district, the hotel is minutes from the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Real Madrid Museum and elegant Serrano shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.