It was a while ago since I was in Madrid and in those days we stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Plaza Espana (now closed, and I don't know what's happening with that gorgeous building)... so I was somewhat more excited than was called for to stay on the Castellana. Not at all disappointed, quite the contrary. The neighbourhood is sublime, a spit away from Serrano, and given that the Paseo is so evidently located it is idiot-proof to navigate your way from there to anywhere in Madrid. And wherever you want to go, it will be a lovely walk. Got a room with a balcony, which is a must in Madrid so it's worth the extra cost to have that luxury... the view over the Paseo is breathtaking and it's such a great feature to have during any stay. Another little luxury we enjoyed is what the InterContinental calls Club Lounge, where you have breakfast and there was also drinks/nibbles in the evening before you go out. Extremely friendly staff, very helpful when we needed assistance.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel
- Intercontinental Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 18th-century palace was the inspiration for this emblematic hotel in Madrid, situated on one of the city's most famed thoroughfares. Culinary delights include El Jardin with an exquisite menu overseen by renowned head chef José Luque. Bar 49 serves fine local wines and the city’s signature tapas. Ideally located in the cultural and business district, the hotel is minutes from the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Real Madrid Museum and elegant Serrano shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.