“Excellent Service & Fantastic Location” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 301 Activities in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided bike tours in MadridWe are placed next to Madrid-Río.Some of our tours´subjects are: bridges over Manzares River, Hidden gardens, Valle Inclan´s Madrid, The Civil war in Madrid and more.Mountain bikes, road bikes, city bikes and tandems are rentedGuided trips all around Spain during all the year: Natural Parks, Old train trails: “Green Ways”, Ancient cattle tracks and World Heritage cities.Tourism by bike
Pleasant Hill, California
43 attraction reviews
“Excellent Service & Fantastic Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

These guys are great. We are here in madrid for four months and they worked with my husband to fit him a bike that he can use three times a week. Although I speak Spanish my husband does not and they are very willing to speak English (not always the case). The ride from the shop is the best as it does not require riding on city streets. Rio Madrid is a fantastic ride for the family and Casa de Campo is excellent for those wanting longer rides, both paved and trail. Prices are very competitive and they have good selection of bikes.

Visited November 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Helpful road bike rental in Madrid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was not easy to find a road bike rental from Madrid, but luckily I found Rutas Pangea. To be honest, bike that I rented was not from this year's catalog (nor from three previous years), but it was in well working condition.

I had no idea where to go biking and very helpfull staff lended me a map and suggested me the Casa de Campo for easy access training and then as for a longer route to take an early train to Colmenar Viejo and from there head to Miraflores de la Sierra and the descent to almost 2000m. I also got a map to borrow.

Thanks for the bike (which was very reasonably priced) and for great hints and service!

Visited April 2013
London
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My best day in Madrid started at this little shop, Rutas Pangea. Once I had located it's whereabouts in a very pleasant area (journey to metro Puerto de Toledo then bus 18) I hired a bike and set off with a handful of good suggestions by the attentive staff. I left equipped with a very decent bike complete with basket at the front and a lock. This was just the type of bike I required as I was carrying a heavy camera and my daily holiday stuff. The price was 15 euros for 24 hours and all I needed was a passport for ID. My intention was to tour the Rio Park which was located just across the road but the guy in the shop told me to cycle on to Casa de Campo and explore there too. I did all of this. It was such a fab day, I highly recommend this as an alternative day in Madrid. Casa de Campo can get a bit rough going if you go off track but my trusty bike kept going without any faults. Very professional shop and staff, reasonable/good English spoken, cheap prices, great bikes. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Oxford, UK
“Rent biclycles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The perfect place in Madrid to rent a bike. Good value for money and the customer service next to none. I rent a bike to explore Madrid Rio and la casa de campo and their advice was very helpful. They gave me a very good bike and very comfortable to cycle. They are very passionate what they do and definitely I will go back.

Visited June 2013
The Hague
“Excellent Bike Rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Two Dutch friends visited me in Madrid for a weekend. We are all cyclists and were planning to head to the mountains for a day tour.

You will find only a few places in Madrid that have racing bikes (carretera) for rent. I started with BikeSpain, but was let down by their service. Then, I found Rutaspangea and send them an inquiry. The response was quick and helpful ( framesize, cleat systems, carbon or aluminium, etc.). Also, I was very much impressed by their service in the shop (bikes were ready, innertubes, pump).

We had a great ride to colmenar viejo.. A day to remember thanks to Rutas Pangea!

Visited May 2013