“Friendly bike rental in Madrid” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 302 Activities in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided bike tours in MadridWe are placed next to Madrid-Río.Some of our tours´subjects are: bridges over Manzares River, Hidden gardens, Valle Inclan´s Madrid, The Civil war in Madrid and more.Mountain bikes, road bikes, city bikes and tandems are rentedGuided trips all around Spain during all the year: Natural Parks, Old train trails: “Green Ways”, Ancient cattle tracks and World Heritage cities.Tourism by bike
Oslo, Norway
“Friendly bike rental in Madrid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I rented a road bike for a triathlon competition in Madrid. Friendly and efficient service. No fuzz, only a quick photo of my passport was needed. Flexible regarding a potential extention of the rental period. The bike worked very well. Keep up the good work! I'll be back!

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful afternoon in Madrid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

After spending the previous two days eating our way around Madrid, an afternoon of pleasent excersize in the glorious Madrid sunshine was just what we needed! We walked from our hotel on Gran Via to Rutas Pangea through the La Latina markets, which took us about 30-40 minutes but was a lovely stroll for a Sunday morning. We arrived to Rutas Pangea after asking some friendly locals where to find it. The staff only spoke a little english (which was brilliant considering the very little...and terrible...Spanish we spoke) but were very helpful and friendly. They were very accommodating and safely took care of our market purchases whilst we were out and stayed onsite during siesta as we only hired them for 2 hours and needed to return. We spent the time exploring the Madrid Rio, a safe and lovely option for riding with multiple cafes along the way. A great afternoon!

Visited May 2013
Earth
8 attraction reviews
“Pangea made it incredibly easy to spend a day riding in Madrid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I emailed pangea a week before I was going to be in Madrid, and needed to get some training in while I was in town. They reserved a road bike for me with SPDs (that's all I was travelling with).

When I showed up Sunday morning, they helped me get fitted on the bike, let me borrow a tool to adjust the seat in case I needed more adjustment during the ride. The road bike was an older model, but a fantastic bike - light and fast.

And you cannot beat the price - I rode for 5+ hours and it was just 15 euros. Best deal I found in Madrid. Even though my spanish is very poor, I was able to understand the directions.

I rode El Anillo Verde Ciclista, which is about 66K. It's a lot of stop and start because it crosses a lot of roads, so I might not recommend it for training, but it is a way to see the outskirts of much of the city.

Visited May 2013
Aspen, Colorado
“Ideal way to see Madrid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Road, mountain or casual biking, these guys can set you up! Even for a first trip to Madrid I highly recommend at least a day of biking, there's so much more area to be covered. From Old City, to the modern city, to Casa de Campo, there are many biking opportunities in Madrid. And with the bike comes good advice on where to go! I highly recommend Rutas Pangea.

Visited April 2013
Scotland
“Great for hiring a road bike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was worried about taking my own road bike to Madrid. I found Rutas through the internet and contacted them. They communicated very well and punctually. They provided a good bike and ask if I wanted any adjustments - handlebars, pedals etc. Their prices are also reasonable. Overall a great service! Well done Rutas Pangea.
If you're looking for a club to ride with for the day I would recommend CC Aluche. Great guys.

Visited April 2013