We chose this hotel because it seemed to be one of the nicest ones by the airport. Indeed, traveling to and from the airport was easy, but we DID rent a car for the entire time we were in Spain. Traveling to the center of Madrid was also easy.
The room we had was gorgeous! Very nice furniture, ample light, a beautiful bathroom with a tub! There were many different types of delicious-smelling soaps. The beds were comfy enough. The best part was really the decor of the room. It made us feel comfortable and pampered.
After spending the day in Madrid, we came back relatively early (7 or 8pm) because our morning flight was very early. We wanted to use the pool, but it was closed. So, there seems to be no swimming in the evening. We instead ate some tapas at the bar. The food was good, but a little pricey, as to be expected. There were 3 beers on tap to choose from. At this time in the evening on a Sunday, no guests were hanging out.
The reason this review has a 4 out of 5 is due to two things:
1. I could not adjust the thermostat. It was set at 26, which is too warm for me to sleep comfortably in (even without using the comforter). I found where it was in the room, but there were no buttons that I saw, and it was covered. I woke up feeling very tired since I was so warm all night.
2. We had to pay for parking. Outside the lot, it advertised that client parking was free, but they made us pay 10 euro per day for parking. Luckily, we only stayed one night.
If you want a very nice room close to the airport and are not bothered by warm nights, this is the place for you. If you are like me and are overly sensitive to temperatures at night, don't stay here long. Maybe you can talk to the staff about the temperature. We didn't try this since we only stayed one night. They're very polite, and they're helpful when asked, but they don't anticipate your needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Barajas is located next to Madrid airport, the Congress Centre and the IFEMA exhibition centre and offers a magnificent outdoor pool surrounded by gardens, a private car park for the exclusive use of our guests, 229 rooms, and 14 meeting rooms fully equipped with the latest technologies and with natural light and capacity for up to 600 people.The personalised service and the excellent facilities at the Meliá Barajas make it the perfect option for your visit to Madrid for both business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Melia, Agoda, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Melia Barajas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Barajas Hotel Madrid
- Melia Hotel Barajas
- Sol Melia Madrid