From the outside, approaching the hotel, it doesn't fill you with joy....but as soon as you step out of your car/taxi etc. and enter reception WOW ! Very decadent chandeliers and ornaments with comfy seating area. Reception check in was quite long (but thorough) but the wait to get into the rooms was worth it. We had a double room with an extra bed, which made the floor space quite cramped, but for a normal double room the space was more than enough. All mod cons in the rooms, and the sliding screens which enable different areas of the room (hallways, bathroom, even the toilet area) to be closed off for privacy is something a lot of hotels could learn from - slippers and bathrobes also showed attention to detail. The minibar / fridge was well stocked and the mood lighting on the bedside tables was a nice touch...The bar area was really nice, and the staff here were extremely polite and friendly...In fact everyone one in the hotel was more than pleasant and able to answer any question asked of them from buying metro tickets to providing directions to McDonalds! Can't comment on restaurant as didn't use it (breakfast is a staggering €20 pp) although the menu del dia looked quite reasonable. Also didn't use spa area but if it is of the same quality as the rest of the hotel then it's probably something to enjoy. Only gripe was the pillows - I hate the square pillows that modern hotels seem to prefer, although I could have requested others if I could have been bothered...All in all, a special hotel, only 2 mins walk to a metro station (ventura rodriguez) and 5 mins walk to Plaza De espana and the bottom of the Gran Via. Next time I am staying in Madrid, this will definitely be top of my list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Melia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Escapio, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa