This hotel has 5 star rating but I fail to see how. The rooms are fine but we booked a package through BA and discovered that we only had a basic deal. After travelling etc it was too late and we couldn't be bothered to change the package. But the failing points are. Unless you book The Level you cannot have tea or coffee in your room , The restaurant only opens at 7am and therefore you have to be caffeine free until then. If you wish just to have a tea or coffee the café only opens around 11am so you have to join the restaurant upstairs and pay after.
The room facilities were poor no flannels ! , no tea /coffee facilities. Very clean though and maid attentive. Suggest you take your own toiletries though as despite it being of 5* it lacks the special products that you expect for example the Melia in Palma only uses Clarins products. Know Im being picky but its worth noting.
Location is fine but despite being on 11th floor it was noisy from outsiders revelling until all hours.
reception staff helpful. Printing off boarding passes costs 3 euro's unless you send it to reception and they print it for you.
If you are The Level clients then you get free tapas, coffee,te,drinks alcoholic and non all day but it is costing you around 40 euros more 1 Even the cabin crew from Lufthansa found it hard to get a coffee before they left !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Melia, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa