There was many advantages of this hotel, but the service let it down, and therefore in my view it is not a five star hotel or good value for money.
- we were in room 1222 which was a grand premium room. The room was a very good size with a lovely view. The furnishings were modern but not of the quality of other five star hotels such as the Sofitel. Some of it was MDF.
- the breakfast was wide ranging
- the service in the bar was very good, as was the housekeeping service
- we were on " the level" but not advised at the time of booking, in late June, that the level was closed for 6 weeks between the end of July and middle of Sept. I emailed the hotel to ask and did not get a response. This information was not put on the hotel website until much later. It meant that we did not get a turndown service, or complementary drinks and tapas, which are included in the price of the room. I appreciate that August is when many people working in Madrid go on holiday, but you expect a five star hotel to employ cover for this period of time. In addition, we were not offered a discount or complementary drinks as a substitute.
- the service at check in was poor. We were not advised of where the lift was or where breakfast was held or the time. We had to ask for a map. At breakfast one morning we were advised to "get our own tea" despite one of the tasks of the waiters to service tea and coffee - and we had received it on previous occasions. You got the overall impression that they could not be bothered.
- there were no English papers, again you would expect more of a five star hotel
- the gym is inadequate for a five star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Melia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa