“C K” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #317 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
London, United Kingdom
“C K”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very good for what you pay for. I get astonished when I read other people's reviews about Praga Hotel. I mean for what you pay for its very good. But I guess some people expect to pay £32 a night and treated like being at the Hilton.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Arboleas, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed three nights at the 4 star Hotel Praga in Madrid in early May 2015. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the showers were fabulously hot and powerful and the toiletries were plentiful. On the other hand the reception staff were unhelpful and unfriendly, the restaurant staff were dismissive and the food they provided woefully inadequate. The choice and quality of food provided for our lunch (day 1) and evening meals (days 2 and 3) was very poor so we ate out instead on day 2. The coffee machines, which only functionned at breakfast although cups and saucers were provided throughout the day, offered a good selection of beverages but the coffee was pre-sweetened (!!!) and two out of the four machines rarely worked, creating queues of people. The salads were fresh, the desserts unimaginative and the same every day and the main courses were either accompanied by stodgy rice, watery pasta or cold green beans. There was not a potato in sight! The wifi was not exactly non-existent; we could get onto Facebook but very little else. We had to pay a daily rate to use the safe in our room. We felt this was unacceptable for a 4 star hotel but then, this is not really a 4 star hotel in our opinion.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room at the back of the hotel as the noise from the street at the front will affect...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was robbed by Hotel Praga and there is nothing that I could do about it. Our experience was absolutely terrible. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone especially families traveling with babies.
After traveling for a week with a baby I needed to have some laundry done. There was not laundry bag or a price list in our closet or the room. I went downstairs to the reception desk to ask about laundry and the attendant took my 2 SMALL plastic bags and said "NO Problem"! Never mentioning the price. The attendant did not fill out a laundry list, he just took my bag and said that it would be done later that day. The laundry was done that day and when I looked at the bill I thought there was a mistake because it was $277 Euro! $277 Euro for mostly baby clothes!
It was two loads of laundry 1 white and 1 dark! $30 Euro would have been appropriate , not $277 Euro!
I felt like I was robbed by Hotel Praga! The rooms are $50 Euro a night, outdated, thin walls, internet that works 50% of the time and baby crib that would be considered dangerous to put a dog into - it had dangerous metal bars all the way around ( i would encourage the Praga Hotel management to take a trip to a local Ikea and invest in a baby crib from this century).
I feel like they rob people to make up for their cheap rooms. Charging someone $277 euro for 2 small bags of mostly baby clothes laundry is robbery!
When I went downstairs to explain my situation to the manager the clerk lied and said that he told me that laundry was very expensive. He could care less what my complaint was. He never mentioned the price or how crazy expensive it is. It was so sneaky of them to do that! I asked the manager if there is anything that could be done, because I could not afford to pay $277 Euro I had no idea that laundry service would be this expensive. I was told that if I did not pay they would call the police and have me arrested.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
South East England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A disappointing hotel. Breakfast was the poorest quality of our trip. I aksed at reception for a plaster for a small cut on my finger to be told that they hadn't any. Would you wantb to stay in a hotel with no first aid kit? Maid was helpful but room walls very thin.Air conditioning dodgy.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

The hotel is a pickup and drop-off points for package tours and other forms of tours. As such, the lobby becomes chaotic during the busy hours in the morning and afternoon. The breakfast being provided is excellent compared to other hotels I've been through. Plaza Mayor and Sol is just few minutes away by bus. Take bus #23 right in front of the hotel and it will take you behind plaza mayor. From the plaza ... take side streets and you'll be in Sol .... the center point .....

I complained one night when students touring Madrid where so noisy in the lobby. Right away they send a security guard to calm down the students. Very few rooms have queen or king size beds. Usually they put 2 twin beds together. Wifi access before midnight is poor.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

It was difficult to find entrance to the garage,and parking is charged,room smell on cigarettes..
What I find good here is breakfast.. I believe that this hotel is not for a long stay,but fine enough for a night or two.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

There are crowds of school kids running around the lobby, very thin walls, noisy at night. Our room was very small, the bathroom was tiny with no shelf or a counter to place toiletries. The restaurant service (lunch) was terrible. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Praga? Share your experiences!