Slightly disappointed with the overall experience.. at check in the staff was polite but cold, they gave me the smallest room in the 5th floor, very hot and the AC did not work... I complained and got an upgrade for 30€ to a suit that was the only available, the size was 5 times the previous room... no comparison... but I had to complain and waist 45min of my time, and begin my experience with a negative vibe...
Dinner a the restaurant was good, a bit pricy but good quality and the staff was grand. However the chairs for the kid of restaurant were very uncomfortable.
The gym experience wasn't any better... to get in I had to go looking for the staff.. and they gave me a pass code to get in... making things more difficult the changing rooms worked with a coin.. which I didn't have and I had to go out to ask for a coin to use the lockers... thankfully the staff from the bar let me a coin....
I was not very much invited to use the SPA, the staff told me " well you have to pay " like I was a homeless or something that I could not afford 15€ for the SPA... so that also put me off a bit.... I didn't find the girl at the Gym/SPA very helpful to say the least...
The breakfast buffet was pretty good, good spread and nice staff, however they could clean the tables at a faster pace...
Summarising.. if you're looking for a place with connections to the city centre, this is not your place, there are taxis all the time that will take you there for 20€.
The staff is a but cold and not very welcoming.
I will look for somewhere else when I go back to Madrid and I would not recommend it to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Meliá Avenida América, offers updated facilities for every type of travellers & events. Located in the largest business development area of Madrid, ten minutes from the Airport and Trade Fair IFEMA and 15 minutes from downtown, the hotel offers elegant and comfortable rooms, fully equipped for leisure and work. Our Convention Center, located in an adjacent building of four floors, is connected via a Skywalk to the Hotel, comprises 32 meetings rooms, for up to 1200 delegates, all of them column free and natural daylight.To highlight: complimentary WIFI access throughout the property, Internet Corner, Gymnasium and Shuttle Service from/to Airport and Trade Fair Grounds.Other services of our property are the outstanding SPA with beauty & relaxation facilities and thermal treatments. The hotel has been totally refurbished from 2009 to 2011 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Melia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and BookIt.com so you can book your Melia Avenida America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Avenida America Hotel Madrid
- Melia Hotel Avenida America
- Sol Melia Madrid