“Good hotel for business stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #212 of 457 Hotels in Madrid
Derbyshire
“Good hotel for business stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights. I was going to give 4 stars, but when I thought about it I had to push it to 5. Service was excellent (despite my almost total lack of Spanish) from the moment I walked in and for this standard of hotel in a European capital city prices were reasonable from the room through dining to the bar. Room was large, well equipped (free wi-fi with good signal) and comfortable, food was very good and service attentive an polite. Will definitely stay again when I'm in town

Room Tip: High floor will get you away from the noise created by late night rubbish collection
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Spent 2 nights using Marriott points in this modern, spacious hotel in Madrid after 5 nights in Barcelona and a high-speed train ride for 2.5 hours. (highly recommend if you want to travel between these two cities - comfy, fast and cheap in my humble opinion)

These hotel is located in the north west side of Madrid - yeah on the map it's far away from the attraction, BUT... the metro station "Cartagena" is just behind the hotel so really no complain.

Within walking distance (15 minutes) is where the famous bull ring Plaza de Toros is. From there you can take another metro line right into the city centre for all the attractions.

Since we stayed in this hotel by using Marriott points I really have no say about the value but I overheard another party checking in and the price is still very good. What's more? oh, mini bar is free - yes , FREE! can you believe this?

We got our roof top room with a marvelous skyline of Madrid through the spacious balcony in our room. Room is huge, clean with contemporary deco. Bed is comfortable to our liking (we hate soft mattress btw). Bathroom is nice and stocked with nice amenities (did I say free mini-bar?)

The little road the hotel sits on has a lot of bars and small places for drink and food, very convenient.

What could make our stay better was if there is free wifi ..... oh well. We are still happy.

Our two nights in Madrid was really amazing - good food, good hotel, lots to see.

We just love Spain........

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Back again at the AC Hotel in Madrid. Regular stop for me here when on business. For the area I work in you cannot beat the location and value of this hotel. Great business rooms, small, but functional gym on site, decent food in the resturant for late night meals and free wifi in the lobby!! Marriott points as a bonus.

• Stayed February 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just got back from spending a few days at the AC Hotel Avenida de América over New Years with family. For the price that we paid (which I felt was a bargain), its contemporary and chic décor and the friendly staff, I was really pleasantly surprised.
There are a few down points though. If you don’t get a room that includes breakfast, it’s an extra 16€ per person, per day. The rooms have thin walls, so you’re able to hear quite a bit from your neighbours. The AC Avenida de América is also a little out of central Madrid (which it would then be best for you use to Metro to get to)….. but the Metro station is close by, so it works out quite well if you don’t want to be in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.
But overall, I really enjoyed it here and I think it’s a good choice for your stay in beautiful Madrid!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in 4 AC Marriotts on 12 day trip over xmas. This was the only one we had issues. No computer or business center. Rooms have paper walls so beware that sleep could be a issue. We had problem with the room rate. Told one rate when we checked in, got a 20 euro more rate on checkout. Despite long argument, no help from manager. Would never tay here again.

Stayed December 2012
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here 5 nights on a business trip. I appreciated that I was able to check-in early (around 10:00 am) when my overnight flight came in. I thought I would have to store my luggage and wait until later in the day. Instead, I was able to wash up and rest a moment before going out to explore the city.

The room was clean, but small. The "queen bed" was two twins pushed together, each individually made up with white sheets. The free minibar was an unexpected and nice perk (stocked with bottled water, sparkling water, coca-cola, and fruit sodas). The room was warm and felt a little stuffy. The window opens, but even with a window facing the side street on the 4th floor, I found the city noise and lights too much for this suburban girl. Also, as others have mentioned, the internet in rooms is not free, but it is available in the dining area free. A lot of people congregate there, so it is very slow.

Easy access to the highway headed toward the airport and businesses. A short walk to the Avenida de America Metro Stop. It's a big station, though, be sure you exit the metro at the the same corner you entered, or you may be walking around the neighborhoods for a long time.

Room Tip: Ask for a side-facing room if one for available for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is near to subway station Avenue America (5 minute walk) so it's a good location for a city trip. It takes you about 15 minutes to go to the Center/Sol/museum area from here. It's a clean hotel with large rooms, comfortable beds and very nice breakfast. I would definately go here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to AC Hotel Avenida de America by Marriott? Share your experiences!