“Nice hotel in good neighbourhood, but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monte Real

Save Saved
You added Hotel Monte Real to your Saves list
Hotel Monte Real
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arroyo Fresno 17 | Puerta de Hierro, 28035 Madrid, Spain (Formerly AC Hotel Monte Real by Marriott)   |
Ranked #245 of 458 hotels in Madrid
“Nice hotel in good neighbourhood, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

NOT central situation! Be prepared to use taxi, public transportation or rental car to get around.
We were travelling with two small children and stayed in a Suite, a very nice room for families.
Short walk to a small but very good supermarked, and approxomatly 20 min. walk to a area with several local restaurants. The breakfast included was a bit boring, but OK.
Will say this hotel is better for groups and businesstravel, rather than for families travelling with children.

• Stayed July 2012

52 people have reviewed this hotel

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week long conference and really enjoyed it. It's true that there is not much to do / see in the local vicinity (there didn't seem to be any restaurants or cafes nearby either). A taxi to central Madrid costs around €20. The rooms are really nice and modern with wood floors and comfortable beds, there is a speaker with a usb connection, but it didn't seem to work for me. The bathroom is also lovely and modern, the only slight strange thing being the floor of the shower - it's made of perforated metal, which is not very comfortable for standing on for very long.
I would give it a 5, but knocked one point off as the room service / restaurant menu is very short and not very vegetarian-friendly. Also, there is an iron you can borrow, but the ironing board is a portable, tiny one, which makes ironing adult clothes quite tricky!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I often stay in Madrid on business but usually travel into the city from Alcobendas for a hotel. This visit did everything I wanted for a short business trip - comfortable, friendly, great pillows, working air con, didn't feel ripped off or rushed and I awoke to the sound of birds instead of traffic- I will be staying here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Palmer, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My parents booked rooms at this hotel over the phone, unaware of it's location or other specifics. We landed in Madrid only to find out my parents flight had been cancelled. I called the hotel and thankfully reached a fantastic front desk person named Magda. She was absolutely reassuring and understanding...just what I needed after long, hectic flights all the way from Alaska. She guided us there and helped me track down my parents alternate flight plan. Put me at ease completely.

While waiting for my parents to arrive, we walked into the neighborhood near the hotel, found a little supermarket, farmacia, ATM, but not much else. The next day when my parents arrived, Magda gave us simple instructions on how to catch the bus into the city center. It was really not complicated, but we opted for a taxi on the way back. I enjoyed being away from the noise and fuss of the city.

The rooms are very, very modern. A little too much for my liking. They were comfortable enough, but the glass bathroom walls were a bit much. Free mini bar made up for it some though. Breakfast room was well stocked and service very nice. All in all, very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The hotel was nice and reasonably priced. The hotel does not have a pool. Also, the only way to the downtown area was by bus or cab. Bus ride took about an hour! Cab rides ranged from approx. 12 to 20 euros each way depending on area of Madrid we were going to. The staff was very kind and helpful. Gym was available 24/7 which was convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

This is not a centrally located hotel but since I needed to be in this part of Madrid the location in this quiet and leafy area was perfect for me. I was frankly surprised by how stylish and comfortable my room was, including a comfortable chair for reading / watching TV. Good bed, nice, thick towels, generous shower - everything that mattered worked well. Friendly bar and the red wine I ordered was good quality, at the right temperature and fairly priced. Left early so cannot comment on breakfast, I did learn later that the hotel restaurant has a good reputation

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Granada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

It was the first time I visited the North of Madrid and I must say that I enjoyed my stay and I liked the quiet residential neighborhood the hotel is located at.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Monte Real? Share your experiences!