Rafaelhoteles Atocha is a favorite hotel for coach tours because it is a bit out of the city center, and there is space enough to park more than one coach. Anyone checking in during tourist season would do well to check-in earlier in the day. By the time we joined the first day of our tour at 4 pm, the only rooms available in the hotel were smoking rooms. So we had to stay in a smoking room, room # 220, for one night. They moved our suitcases up to a non-smoking room, #320, the next day. Breathing free in a non-smoking room was like being in heaven, but but sleeping the previous night in the smoking room was like being in the other place.
• Both room 220 and 320 face the street, but the glass is very thick, blocking out the street noise, no neighbor noise.
• Amazingly good restaurant. Loved their buffalo mozzarella and peeled tomato salad with basil olive oil. Also veal sirloin and roti potatoes
• Refrigerator, several electrical plugs
• Even on Sundays, groceries, food, and necessities are for sale at the Atocha station
• Clean rooms, helpful staff
• Wi-fi only in public spaces
• Queen-sized bed is two singles pushed together
• Breakfast was pandemonium the first morning because so many tour groups were staying at the hotel. Nowhere to sit. On the second day, they had it sorted out better.
We would advise planning to get there soon after check-in and taking advantage of the great food at the restaurant/coffee shop. Our stay was average at best, considering the unpleasant surprise of sleeping in a room where towels, bedsheets, pillowcases, and even the linoleum floor smelled of cigarette smoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha has an excelent location, few minutes walking to Madrid-Puerta de Atocha high-speed railway station and near the main museums of Madrid: Reina Sofia, El Prado, Caixa-Forum and Thyssen-Bornemisza. The hotel has 245 rooms, all of theme equipped with all the facilities needed to make your stay agreeable and relaxing. The hotel has handicaped rooms and smokers rooms. The restaurant Azafran offers the best dishes of Mediterranean cuisine. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms and 9 syndicate rooms. Outdoor events in terrace-garden (up to 450 persons). And all the meeting rooms are open and with natural day light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Rafaelhoteles Atocha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha Hotel Madrid
- Hotel Rafael Atocha
- Atocha Hotel Rafael