We have just returned for a 4 day stay in the fabulous Madrid. This was our first time in the city and can safely say it won't be our last. The Hotel Atlantico was a fantastic "Hub" we walked pretty much everywhere from this location with total ease very central to all of Madrid's main attractions. For location I would give it 5 stars.
The reception staff when checking in where polite and friendly, offering us a free drink at the fabulous roof top bar to celebrate my Boyfriends 30th Birthday, which I had mentioned when booking. We were also given access to free Wifi.
Our room was located on the 5th floor of the hotel. The room was spotlessly clean and fresh when we arrived and was cleaned to the same standard every day. The room itself was very spacious and we had a great view of the Grand Via from our hotel balcony. The bed was very comfortable. The Bathroom was great, full of lovely toiletries, and the shower itself was powerful.
We opted for a bed and breakfast rate and the breakfast did not disappoint. A great selection of hot food, cereal, yogurts, pastries etc. Fantastic to start a day of exploring off!!!
The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars was due to nose!! Sadly you can hear very clearly your neighbours bathroom usage and conversations!! Which at 4:30AM can be a little frustrating!!! A word of warning it's not a place to lay in - you are woken up as soon as people get up to shower, we did think there were people in our bathroom on our first night!!! In no way did this spoil our experience however I just thought it was worth noting.
All in all a good hotel and I would go back.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emblematic stately building built in 1920, crowned by a tower with a French dome and located in the heart of Madrid. Soundproofed rooms provided with the most modern technology and an elegant decoration. The terraces "Gran Vía" and "Real" offer wonderful views over the city. It is just a few minutes away from the most important historical monuments and museums of Madrid, next to the shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, T4B, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.