We selected this hotel for a 5 day Madrid visit based on the TA reviews and were not disappointed. The reception area is very small and not at all impressive. However this is more than compensated by the top floor lounge area which is very luxurious.Our room was small,but very comfortable and quiet with an excellent bed and bathroom as well as nice bathroom amenities(including a razor and toothbrush).The hotel's location on the Grand Via was perfect and we were within walking distance of all of the major sights,The breakfast was also very good. We found the staff to be very helpful.
I would suggest the Puerto Rico restaurant (mentioned in Rick Steeve's travel guide) a few minutes from the hotel, for a simple, inexpensive and delicious dinner..
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emblematic stately building built in 1920, crowned by a tower with a French dome and located in the heart of Madrid. Soundproofed rooms provided with the most modern technology and an elegant decoration. The terraces "Gran Vía" and "Real" offer wonderful views over the city. It is just a few minutes away from the most important historical monuments and museums of Madrid, next to the shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.