“A very good place to stay in Madrid” 4 of 5 stars

Cason del Tormes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle del Rio 7, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #108 of 458 Hotels in Madrid
Niteroi, RJ
“A very good place to stay in Madrid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is well located, the neighborhood is quiet, near the metro, with several dining options nearby. Spacious, clean room with excellent wifi connection. It is a very good place the stay in Madrid.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

This was my second stay at the hotel. As before (2007), I found it generally quite satisfactory. It has a light, airy atmosphere, the dining room is rather elegant and there are PCs for non-wifi users (like me). Standards of service and cleanliness were high. The room itself was spacious, with a large wardrobe, comfortable bed and widescreen TV (though it may be best not to comment on the programmes...). However, there were two drawbacks: the lighting was dim and - far more serious - loud, raucous voices from the next room kept me awake on the first two nights. I was forced to bang on the wall - which seems to be a ritual in my experience of hotel rooms. A feedback form is provided in every room and I duly completed mine (in Spanish). The hotel is on one edge of Madrid's Chinatown, which frankly is far less smart than London's. Still, it's also very close to the Gran Vía, the Plaza de España and a number of open spaces, all of which help to make Madrid at its best both beautiful and charming.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We came there by metro, i couldn't have imagined a better position, it's so close to the metro! Very fast check in and check out and friendly staff. The room was big enough and clean. There is a satellite TV, a minibar and a safe, very nice. Bathroom was maybe a little bit small, but it was a good bathroom. Breakfast was also good, a lot of variety. We were very happy with our choice for this hotel. Great price for the quality we've had in Cason del Tormes!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Excellent hotel and I cannot commend the staff enough for politeness and helpfulness throughout the few days stay (especially Victor on reception). A clean and friendly hotel which caters for most needs and the location is brilliant for either the metro ride to anywhere in the city or a day of sightseeing (Royal Palace etc). Good breakfast and excellent WIFI. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ideal for getting head down and relaxing after a long day of sightseeing/shopping. The price is bril...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

I booked 2 nights at the hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor. Friends of mine had an airbnb on the plaza de espana & I wanted to be as close as possible to them. In my booking I had requested an early check in as my flight was landing around 6.30am. I arrived at the hotel just after 7.30am & was very blunty told by reception that if i had not received an email acknowledging my request for early checkin that I didnt get it. I was then told that I wouldnt be checked in until offical check in at 1pm so I might as well leave & come back then. My friends hadn't arrived in the city yet so I decided to sit in the lobby until they arrived at 9.30am. Around 9am the person on reception changed. Around 9.30am I went up & asked if I could leave my bag to go see my friends & i'd be back at 1pm. Well this receptionist was completely different & said they had rooms cleaned & ready to check in so why don't i check in now instead of 1pm! When I checked out early in the morning it was the same unfriendly receptionist & when I asked some questions about taxi amount, time to airport he blunty said - so what you want to ask is can I call a taxi for you. Now he was listening to english lessons on the computer so maybe the bluntness is due to english skills but it definitely wasn't a good first & last impression. All the other staff were lovely & the bell boy/lobby person remembered my room so it was easy to pick up my key (its old school hotel were you need to drop off your key everytime you leave the hotel).

Other than the reception issue the hotel is very clean, very central, literally a 1 minute walk to the metro. The hotel is down an alley but as its so bustling elsewhere it doesn't feel unsafe. Breakfast was great, a very good choice, fresh food & they have a nespresso machine so it was a decent coffee.

If you want clean, cheap, central location hotel then i'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I faced the plaza & was fine with the noise but I heard some guests complaining at breakfast so...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Constanta, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Good quality of price/quality report, but need some refurbish. Also cleanliness might be better. Good position and quiet. Near to Placa de Espana, good place to start exploring Madrid, but in a quiet position. Breakfast OK, however, the coffee is petty bad, usually hotel coffee not so good, but this was tasting really bad.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are more quiet
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Киев
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Very nice place to spend some nights in Madrid if you are looking for not expensive room. It has a perfect location in city's center, very close to most famous places by walk, but in quiet place enough. Breakfast was poor, but still, someone can find something to eat. But I would recommend not to take breakfast in the hotel, but get it somewhere outsides, luckily a lot of places around. If you need just a room with a bed and bathroom to be ready for city's adventures - it's your choice. The locker in the room was ok.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Cason del Tormes? Share your experiences!