“Superb triple in great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Madrid
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretas 10, 28012 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #384 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
dublin
“Superb triple in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2006

We were staying for 5 nights so the very sizeable triple (with another bed) was great. Spotless roomy bathroom and plentiful breakfasts and friendly staff. The location wa superb and the noise was non-existent in our room. Would go there again gladly. MC

• Liked — spacious rooms
  • Disliked — no quibbles
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

Just returned from a 4 day trip to Madrid. Searched around for a convenient hotel which we could afford on a tight budget. Came across Hotel Madrid and was very satisfied with the result. Yes the hotel can be a bit noisy at night, yes the rooms are not to the high standard you'd expect in a 5* hotel. But this isn't a 5* hotel! I think this is what some of the previous reviews seem to forget! For the price I paid, I got exactly what I wanted - a fantastically located lodgings right in the heart of the capital. The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, nice bathroom. I didn't have breakfast, so I can't comment on that. All in all, perfect for those travelling on the cheap. Book directly with the hotel (there's a website) and you'll get a cheaper rate than through an agency.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2006

The hotel location was great. The staff was nice and helpful, especially in the restaurant. HOWEVER....you have to leave your key at the front desk when you go out; leaving the Do Not Disturb sign on the door means nothing. We left it on our door everytime we left the room and they still entered. We asked them not to enter, but they did anyway. Nothing was stolen, etc., but our privacy was not respected. The rooms were sufficient but the carpets were stained. If you are not into luxury, do not care if people come in your room when you ask them not to, then this hotel would be a good place to stay simply due to the location.

• Stayed March 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2005

I ahve stayed here a few times. My stays are usually very good and I have always had a room with an airconditioner. i was not aware that any non-airconditioned rooms exist. One time upon arrival they told us our room's AC was broken but they transfered us to their sister hotel about a mile away. Yes, some of the rooms can be noisy but you can request one not facing Calle Carretas. I usually book the web only rate for around 60-80 euros and feel that this is a very good deal due to the close proximity fo the metro at Sol and the many great bars and restaurants in the area behind the hotel around plaza Santa Ana and Calle Huertas.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

Although we enjoyed our stay in Madrid, this accomodation was disappointing. My sister & partners room was nice, but freezing cold and my room was dull, small & had a tiny window with an unpleasant view. We spent as little time as possible here. To add to it i was bitten about 15times which i can only imagine was from the bed. We did complain but no action was taken. You only get what you pay for!

• Stayed November 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2005

Stayed here in October 2004, Superb location a stones throw from the Metro (and I mean that literally) and situated in the heart of Puerta Del Sol where all the nightlife and restaurants seem to be. I was a little put off by some of the reviews that mentioned the hotel was noisy but I can't say I noticed any problem in this respect and didn't affect me sleeping. Book this hotel through Best Western you won't get cheaper and you won't have to pay for it until the day you check out of the hotel.

Tinley Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2004

We just returned from Madrid. While the hotel was on the noisy side at night, it was quite understandable given the location. We found that putting up with the noise at night, was well worth the excellent location. It was within walking distance to all of the hot spots in Madrid. If you are thinking of taking the hop on/hop off buses, all three of the lines stop right on the corner of the hotel.

The staff was very friendly. The hotel has a shuttle that's free of charge from the airport and only charges 5 Euro for the return. That's quite a good deal. The rooms were very clean and like I said, the location was great. I would definitely stay there again on our return visit.

• Stayed November 2004

Been to Hotel Madrid? Share your experiences!