First off, they demanded cash upfront for 6 days of the "luxurious" accommodations near Bilbao Metro. The amenities consisted of the following:
1) A top-floor flat without a view, except for a few skylights.
2) IKEA furnishings. Seriously. The wall hangings were IKEA. The beds were IKEA. The linen was IKEA. Everything was IKEA. Not comfortable at all.
3) a downstairs buzzer that didn't work. Was a major inconvenience for some of our travel mates.
4) a wi-fi connection that barely worked. Was very slow when it did but cut off frequently.
5) Water pressure that came on and off randomly during showers.
6) was not stocked with toilet paper or cleaning supplies. Led to some panicked trips to the OpenCor.
Very disappointing, considering the rate. We could've stayed at a nice hotel with room service for what we paid, and would've had some form of maid service. Avoid, avoid, avoid...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious 2 and 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartments in a newly reformed building that is situated 14 minutes walk from Puerta del Sol through the pedestrian Fuencarral street, full of restaurants and shops, and just two metro stops to Puerta del Sol. The accommodation is also right between the lively central Madrid districts of Malasaña and Chueca. All the great attractions of Madrid are within a comfortable walking distance through charming old town streets. You can arrive quickly to Puerta del Sol, El Prado, Plaza Mayor and the Royal Palace & Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HostelWorld, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Palafox Central Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.