“STAY AWAY DO NOT GO” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cerveceria Ricote

Cerveceria Ricote
Plaza Canalejas, 6, 28014 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
Improve this listing
Ranked #5,256 of 6,815 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighborhood: Centro
Neighborhood: Centro
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“STAY AWAY DO NOT GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just come back from Madrid with this place being the only bad experience of the whole trip. We ordered breakfast eggs and bacon and toast. WE got 2 eggs covered in fat and 2 skinny pieces of bacon and a very small piece of dry baguette. Two digusting coffees and 2small orange juice. This came to 27 euros our bill was just the amount on a piece of paper.

Avoid this place.

• Visited March 2012

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A truly awful experience - zero rating would have been given if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

What can I say? My (pregnant) wife ordered a pizza, I had a paella. The pizza was frozen, and first served to my wife cold. I complained, and they put the same pizza back under the grill, then forgot about it.

The less said about the paella the better. It appeared to be a microwave packed of rice with some chicken bones in it, served in a plastic imitation of a paella pan. I ate about three mouthfuls. After reminding them about the pizza, and then explaining that my wife couldn't eat it as it had been cooked and then reheated, they insisted that I pay the entire bill.

The experience came close to ruining our entire experience of Madrid. The misogynistic waiters appeared to take great delight in ripping off tourists. I would honestly rather starve than ever set foot in this establishment again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced bar in Madrid, don't go there for a drink. We paid too much for two small drinks. We saw the pizza's were frozen and”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

See my comment, I don't have been in such a bad cerveceria. I can't day more about it, because it' s too bad..........

Melbourne, Australia
“Worst Restaurant in Madrid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

My wife and I had a late lunch at the restaurant after a good sightseeing day. My wife ordered a chicken meal and I had a pizza. We were astonished as to the quality of food served; we were quite surprised they are still open for business. My wife was served with a chicken that is probably not edible and the pizza was of the frozen kind.

Travelers be warned; we got caught up in the atmosphere of the area and presumed the restaurant may be a good place to unwind and have a break. If so, just order drinks and do not eat there whatever you do.

• Visited June 2011