“No sleep at all” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #190 of 458 hotels in Madrid
Bratislava, Slovakia
“No sleep at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel itself is fine. We had a room on the 7th floor and it was completely OK for 2 persons. We stayed 3 nights and I barely get any sleep. The wall are probably paperthin, you can hear every step your neighbours make on the wooden floors. Bed are unbelievably uncomfy, worst I slept on. :-( What a pity, because the location is great.

Room Tip: Never book classic rooms, go for deluxe, but I am not sure if they are that much better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I spent in this hotel 3 nights, from Saturday till Tuesday. The week-end in calm and quiet, the week is busy and you notice that in the breakfast room. The room is small but nice, the bathroom is small but fully equipped with shampoo, cream, soaps, napkins, hairdrier. Breakfast is delicious, everything you can look for is there! Fresh jamon serrano, churros, nice teas, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, juices... The internet is free but you have a key code to insert and it is valid only for 24 hours, so every evening I had to ask for a new one.
5 minutes from Metro, very easy to reach the city centre by walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I selected this hotel because there was an indoor parking, and the hotel web page does not mention any fee, so I assumed it was complimentary. The clerk on check in did not mention anything. Well, guess what, when I checked out, I discovered I was charged additional 22 euros for each night. This kind of practise should be discouraged and they should post the parking fee on the site.

If you add in a very slow wifi and noisy neighbors, my stay was not very enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The rooms are small and old, the beds are unconfortable and have long pillows (who uses them anymore?!?) and the bathrooms fall to pieces. The receptionists are stroppy and they do not make any efforts to feel you welcome (what about telling me about the wifi password at check-in BEFORE I ask for it from the room without forcing me to come down and collect it?).

Breakfast is poor and overcrowded. On top of this, sleep quality is compromised by the wooden floors which assure you noise at every given hour of the night.

I will ask my company to take it out from our list for sure.

Room Tip: Don't come to this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in for a shock when we entered the room, we had heard the mid size hotels rooms were basic but this is v basic. Having said that, the room was clean and comfortable (linen not v clean) but after a while we didn't care. It is convenient, the staff was super helpful (I left 2 pieces of my jewellery on the side board and called from Toledo, the receptionist kept it safely). For the price, the hotel is fine, breakfast is good and rooms clean! We would stay here again, esp for the staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerset, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel was ok. Staff is excellent, but the rooms you can here other people... Worst WIFI ever.. Runs really slow...plus the password changes every day... Why not do it like most hotels and tie to last name and room #?

I gave it 3 stars only due to their excellent staff.

Room Tip: Get a room on lower lovel or close to elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I didn't expect the world when I booked a three star hotel. What I didn't expect is a two separate beds with wheels on them that would move if you sat on them, or lay on them.
Every morning, the beds were moved around, a friend fell through the two of them when she sat in the middle of them.
Every morning I hear the service personnel knocking on my neighbors' doors and walk around in their rooms. I'd be surprised if the walls were made of much more than wood.

Positive is only the Wifi, which is free, even though it's advertised as free only in the lobby.
You can get coupons for 24 hours of free Wifi at the reception. It's really poor quality, though. For free, of course, that's better than nothing.

For me, it was the first and last time in an NH hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to NH Alberto Aguilera? Share your experiences!