I stayed in a "club room" for 4 nights in March-April 2014.
- Location, location, location! This hotel is centrally located. It is extremely close to conveniences like Starbucks, El Corte Ingles, restaurants, and sites like the Plaza Espana.
- Big room, especially for a European hotel. Pleasant and functional.
- Internet service was fast and, usually, reliable.
- The club room was nice, but I didn't find it to be special or to give me any special services, the way that club rooms in most hotels I have stayed in have always come with additional services and/or nicer rooms, more amenities, etc.
- The Internet, though fast, was oddly administered. You could only connect one device per code, and you would have to pay for each code. If you wanted to switch devices, then you'd have to log off on one device and log in with another. Unfortunately, I had a few instances in which the device would not let me log off, even if I turned off the device, so I would have to continue using the device I was on or continue to mess with the device until it would disconnect. I find that very cumbersome, and it's not what I expect from a hotel internet connection in 2014.
- The staff and service was inconsistent. Some of the people were very friendly. Others were rather cold. I often felt as though the staff seemed to think that they were "doing me a favor" (against their wishes), as opposed to being friendly and solicitous, and WANTING to be of service, answer my questions, etc. I mean, really--do you really feel the need to be short with me just for trying to buy a bus tour ticket and asking questions about the route pick-up location?
- Lots of options for breakfast, but, if you don't eat eggs, the choices seem to be quite diminished.
- Very, very noisy. This is the downside of the location. I was on the 6th floor, and the traffic noise was ridiculous.
Overall, I will probably stay there again because the location is so good, the room was decent, it was convenient for the event that I had to attend, and the Internet worked well enough for me to get my work done and Skype with my family. That being said, I'm still going to be on the lookout for another hotel in Madrid that has similar "pros" and where the service feels a little more welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Husa Princesa is set in the heart of Madrid’s political, commercial, historic and cultural centre. It offers 275 rooms and suites which are all air conditioned and have an en-suite bathroom, personal desk, thermostat, smoke detectors and a fire-sprinkler system. It also boasts conference rooms and banquet halls for between 10 and 900 people, as well as a bar, restaurant, 24-hour cafe, 24-hour room service and a business centre with a secretary, fax and photocopying service. The facilities also include private offices and a fitness centre with a heated pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Husa Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Husa Princesa Madrid