“Perfect for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salud 21 | Edificio Gran Via 29, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #185 of 458 Hotels in Madrid
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend recently and found it basic but no cpmplaints. Sure, it's not the Hilton but it's friendly, clean, right in the centre of the city, has friendly staff (in particular the chirpy and cheerful barman with the glasses who served me my free glass of cava (that is part of the hotel deal). Breakfast is your typical continental but very nice and plenty of choice. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom and shower clean and spacious. I will returnt o Madrid one day and will look up this hotel when I do. A little gem that won't break the bank.

Room Tip: Romms can get warm so use the air con!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

BEST WESTERN Hotel AROSA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Wagga Wagga, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Me and my partner don't expect much out of hotels. We look for cheap, in the best location.

That's about what you get here.

Staff were polite and helpful. Wifi was good night one but terrible for the following 2 nights. One of the lifts says it's for 3 people. With a suitcase it's actually for one person and their case, that's all. Other lift holds 2 people + luggage.

Bed was uncomfortable.
Street noise is phenomenally loud until 3am even on Tues / Wed, you would think the walls were paper. Also, I believe every time someone in the room above us flushed their toilet we would hear massive drainage noises.

If you're not going to spend much time here. It's a bed, it's safe and clean. The shower is hot and location great!

If you want a really pleasant whole hotel experience, this isn't it though.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

After reading you observations, I can see that we have not fulfilled your wishes during your stay with us. Your critic, which we gratefully accept, is fortunately not usual, but I perfectly understand that there may be some cases, such as this one, in which we absolutely, though not deliberately, fail to give the required attention to the Client.

Again, I thank you for your sincerity and I would be very grateful if you gave us, at some point, another opportunity to change the negative impression you are now under.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here with my partner for 4 nights in late May. Earlier reviews are correct in stating that this hotel is really 3-star, not 4-star. The carpets on the stairs and the couches on the landings and in bar need replacing, and overall the place needs sprucing up BUT in all other aspects the hotel was perfect for us. The location is fantastic - right in heart of Madrid, with the restaurants and bars of Chueca and of the main squares a short walk away, and El Corte Ingles and other shops right beside it. We really appreciated being a short stroll home from Chueca at night-time. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. We were initially given a room at the front, overlooking busy Gran Via, but we were able to change to a quieter room without any hassle. The beds are comfortable, and the room and en-suite clean. The breakfast was good too, though there was a bit of a wait for the eggs to be replaced a couple of mornings. The free glass of cava in the evening was very much appreciated also. We both agreed that the hotel is a great-value, perfectly located hotel (we paid just over 75/night through a hotel website), and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Gran Via to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our evening free glass of cava.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

At night, in the middle of my sleep, I kept hearing noises like a huge block of steel was dropped onto my room. This repeated throughout the night and in the morning I realized that there was a gym upstairs.
Besides the gym noise, the hotel is low quality, not very clean and a bit run down. But the location works.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry our Hotel didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I have passed your comments, about the noises repeated throughout the night and in the morning, onto our Chief Engineer for follow up, because the gym is close from 9:00 pm to 10:00 am to avoid any disturbance to our Guests.

Moraira, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

What a find. We booked an executive room and this was overlooking the Gran Via. It had a small terrace looking out over the Gran Via. The room was a reasonable size and with this room came free breakfast, bath robes, mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities (though we had to ask for the tea and coffee making tray and also for the key to the free mini bar). The hotel was very clean, but the reception area and lifts were small. Every evening the hotel offered a free glass of cava in their bar on the 2nd floor, between the hours of 6 and 8. We thought that this was a nice touch. The service throughout our stay was very good. Staff were very willing to help. The breakfast was very good with a reasonable amount of choice. We would certainly stay in this Hotel again if we go back to Madrid.

Room Tip: Room 708 is the one we stayed in. It was noisy at night, but we were on the Gran Via in the middle...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Good location for both shopping and culture.
Staff are helpful and rooms just adequate but still good value. We were able to keep our room on for a late departure at a reasonable cost. Also a kettle and coffee/tea can be made available in your room upon request.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front over looking Gran Via can be noisy Friday/Saturday night. Also ours had a slight...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very small elevators, reception. Paper thin walls, tiny bathrooms and spotted dirty carpets in the hallway, Not good breakfast. The location is great but thats just it. Hotel staff not very helpful. Long way to go in service and pleasing a customer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

BEST WESTERN Hotel AROSA

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa? Share your experiences!