“Well-located, good room, some noise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arosa

You added Hotel Arosa to your Saves list
Hotel Arosa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Salud, 21 | Edificio Gran Via, 29, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Formerly BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa) (Centro)   |
Ranked #203 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Ottawa, Canada
“Well-located, good room, some noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We, a retired couple, stayed there for three nights starting February 28. The hotel is very well situated, steps off the Gran Via and 100 half a block from the Gran Via metro station. It was a walkable 15 minutes to all the main museums in one direction and to Plaza Major in the other. Our room was larger than many of its class in Europe and it had a large bathroom. Our room also had a sizable balcony overlooking the Gran Via, although it was too cold and wet for us to use it. The bed was comfortable and the hotel seemed clean. The breakfast room is large and bright and the food more than ample, including well-cooked scrambled eggs. There are lots of good restaurants nearby and the front desk was helpful with suggestions. Both the lobby and the elevators are tiny and could become congested. The only real complaint, however, was that the hotel could be noisy. There was street noise - mainly from sirens - and we could hear noise from adjacent rooms with talking and plumbing noises, especially late at night and early in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your opinion regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

BEST WESTERN Hotel AROSA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

First of all, this is Not close to a 4 star hotel. The rooms are shabby and hallways too. entrance and reception is nice but thats about it. Cushions are a joke. I wouldnt stay here again. The only good point was the location. We paid about £50 a night each.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

With my best regards,

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

From the ease of booking a discounted AAA rate on their web site to emailing the hotel and requesting (and receiving) the top corner room with a huge balcony, this place was perfect for us. Our room was small but spotlessly clean, the staff was fantastic with getting us an early check-in and alwasy smiling. The location can NOT be beat! You're smack in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: Ask for that corner room!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your positive comment. My team felt rewarded to hear how much you appreciated their service.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Bad Windsheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Location: hotel is about 50 meters from Gran Via street which is full of theaters, stores and restaurants. This street is like the vain for all transport in the city center. The room was great to just spend the night. No dressers, only closets. It was very clean and Free WiFi. The front desk people were great and actually helped us plan transportations and tips to sightseeing Madrid, the even kept our luggage after we check out. If you want silence ASK for a room away from Gran Via!!! There are plenty of rooms that face Salud street that can be very quiet. The breakfast was included bc we booked with Best Western directly! Just sign up for the rewards program to get those "perks". We also had Free minibar for booking online with them too! Breakfast was amazing, the coffee was Great! The breakfast had scramble eggs, bacon, breads, everything, even rice! See pictures! I would for sure be back!

• Stayed February 2014
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent location and breakfast included was good. They did mess up and only had us for 3 nights instead of 5 and we had to leave to find another hotel. For the price, rooms were fine. Only downfall - you can hear everything. People talking in next room and in hallways.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

With my best regards,

New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just got back from 3 nights and what a mix. The hotel rooms and corridors are tired really could do with an update. However the staff work very hard and really do their best to make the overall stay a good one. A mention for the housekeeping staff who always smiled when we passed in the corridor – what a nice change! Breakfast average to good with usual buffet choices and you couldn’t wish for a better position in heart of the Grand Via. Sufficient sound proofing keeps most of the night noise out. One real gripe; why do guests still smoke in rooms when it is clearly not allowed any more. Our first room stank of stale cigarettes but to be fair when we asked to move the manager (a lovely lady who Best Western should be very proud of) shuffled rooms around so we could move. Would I stay again? – probably, the manager and her staff just about swing it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive mention to our staff. I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa
Oswestry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was an ideal place to explore the best tourist parts of Madrid on foot. It is situated just off the Grand Via and is pretty quiet considering the central location. Transport can be arranged from and back to the airport at an affordable price by the hotel and details are supplied upon booking. The staff were really friendly and we enjoyed a complimentary glass of Cava every night. The breakfasts were excellent and the ride in the unique 3 person lift is a must. The room that we had was adequate, but oh so hot and there appeared to be no AC available during the winter time. This is unfortunately a common problem in many hotels around the world and we would therefore not mark the Arosa down for this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our evening invitation to a glass of Cava.

BEST WESTERN Hotel AROSA

Been to Hotel Arosa? Share your experiences!